Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:27 p.m. Monday, Sept. 27, North SR 15, north of West Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Driver: Braden C. Weaver, 22, South SR 15, Claypool. Weaver was traveling northbound on SR 15 about a half mile north of Levi Lee Road, Warsaw, when he tried to pass several vehicles on the right hand side that were stopped to turn left off of SR 15 into a parking lot. His vehicle ran off the roadway and into a ditch, striking a mailbox before coming to a stop on the side of the roadway. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 11:13 a.m. Monday, Sept. 27, 1150 Husky Trail, Warsaw. Drivers: Brenda D. Harrison, 56, North Michigan Street, Argos; and Mingxing Zhuo, 33, South Huntington Street, Syracuse. Harrison said she was backing out of a parking spot at Martin’s Supermarket, Warsaw. She didn’t see Zhuo backing out at the same time directly behind her and the two vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:23 a.m. Monday, Sept. 27, 3454 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Driver: Margaret A. Dombrowski, 59, Cass Road, Cassopolis, Mich. Dombrowski was traveling southbound on North Detroit Street just south of the intersection at West CR 350N, Warsaw. She said she fell asleep at the wheel. Her vehicle traveled to the left, crossed the center line and left the roadway. It went onto the property of 3454 N. Detroit St. Her vehicle hit a pole. The collision caused her to wake up, and she stopped the vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 3:10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 25, SR 19 and CR 28. Drivers: Jo Ann Clayton, 79, North Webster; and Jason Duvall, 51, Goshen. Clayton failed to yield the right of way and turned into the path of the Duvall vehicle. A passenger in Clayton’s vehicle, Dale Clayton, 87, North Webster, complained of chest pain; and a passenger in Duvall’s vehicle, Kathleen Harting, 56, Goshen, complained of leg pain. Both were taken to Goshen Hospital. Duvall was cited for driving while suspended and no insurance.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 9:05 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 26, SR 14 and Park Road. Christopher Tharp, Rochester, was struck by a vehicle while riding a bike.