Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:55 a.m. Monday, Sept. 27, 6250 N. Old Road 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Kristin D. Whitacre, 36, EMS C29 Lane, Warsaw; and Cassandra M. Fussle, 36, Hawthorn Drive, Warsaw. Whitacre’s vehicle hit Fussle’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:49 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 26, 3762 West Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: James A. Snyder, 58, West Old Road 30, Warsaw; and Ricardo A. Borja, 37, West Old Road 30, Warsaw. Their vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 25, East Magill Court, Syracuse. Driver: Laura M. Evans, 42, East Magill Court, Syracuse. Evans said she was backing out of her driveway and hit her neighbor’s trailer, which was parked on the side of the road. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 5:45 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 25, East CR 500N, east of Brown Road, North Webster. Drivers: Dale M. Tatroe, 41, Darnell Road, Sycamore, Ill.; and Marvin W. Perry, 49, East Excalibur Place, Cromwell. Tatroe said while traveling westbound on East CR 500N, North Webster, the glare from the sun obstructed his view while turning southbound onto Brown Road. He said he made the turn and hit Perry’s vehicle with his. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 1:38 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 25, South SR 15, north of West Hill Lake Road, Silver Lake. Driver: Savannah N. Baker, 26, East State Street, Etna Green. Baker was traveling northbound on SR 15, Silver Lake, when a deer hit her vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:52 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24, South SR 15, south of West Union Street, Claypool. Driver: Robert S. Kessler, 27, East Ellsworth Street, Columbia City. Kessler was traveling northbound on South SR 15 about a half mile south of West Union Street, Claypool, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 6:13 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24, North CR 100E, east of East CR 250N, Warsaw. Drivers: Isaiah E. Laughlin, 20, East Wildwood Drive, Warsaw; and Susanna K. Elchert, 46, East CR 500N, Rochester. Laughlin said he was stopped at the stop sign, making a right hand turn. He looked left to make sure traffic was clear, but failed to look right. His vehicle traveled onto CR 100E and hit Elchert’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 1:50 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24, North SR 15, north of West Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Daniel C. Bowman, 41, East Fischer Street, Kokomo; and Robert L. Aker, 41, Blackstone Drive, Fort Wayne. Bowman was traveling northbound on SR 15 when his vehicle crossed the center line. Aker saw Bowman’s vehicle crossing the center line and tried to avoid Bowman’s vehicle. Bowman’s vehicle hit Aker’s trailer. Bowman had a shoulder injury and was taken to the hospital. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 8:01 a.m. Friday, Sept. 24, East McClintic Road, south of North CR 800E, Warsaw. Driver: Aleiyaa R. Brockway, 21, East Wawasee Lane, Syracuse. Brockway was traveling southbound on North CR 800E, Warsaw. The road has a 90-degree curve at CR 800E and McClintic Road. Her vehicle left the south side of the roadway and drove through a ditch and into a cornfield. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:48 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 23, South SR 13, north of South CR 525E, Pierceton. Driver: David A. Barefoot, 64, North SR 13, North Manchester. Barefoot said he was traveling northeast on SR 13 in the area of CR 525E, Pierceton, when his vehicle hit tree debris. Barefoot said there was high wind and rain at the time of the accident. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 5:26 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 23, West CR 800S, west of South SR 19, Akron. Driver: Adam R. Russell, 25, West Lake Street, Warsaw. Russell said he was traveling westbound on West CR 800S just east of SR 19, Akron, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 4:11 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 26, 1200 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Driver: Charles R. Hershberger, 72, South Merry Estates Drive, Silver Lake. Hershberger’s vehicle hit a parked vehicle while backing out of a parking stall at Meijer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 6:24 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 26, US 30 and South CR 250E, Warsaw. Drivers: Andrew Sours, 31, West Wells Street, Milwaukee, Wis.; and Danny J. Victor, 65, San Carlos Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, Fla. Sours was traveling eastbound on US 30, Warsaw, in the left lane. He said Victor’s vehicle was eastbound on US 30 in the right lane and entered the right turn lane near the intersection on US 30 and South CR 250E. While Victor’s vehicle entered the right turn lane, Sours’ vehicle entered the right eastbound lane. His vehicle hit Victor’s as both were trying to switch lanes. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 7:58 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 25, Parent Drive south of Petro Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Timothy M. Connors, 61, South Wood Street, Warsaw. Connors said he was backing his vehicle out of the driveway of 2624 Parent Drive, Warsaw. He didn’t see a vehicle parked on the roadway at the end of the driveway. His vehicle hit the parked one. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 11:40 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 25, 1103 Fisher Avenue, Warsaw. Driver: Carol A. Waugh, 70, Turkey Creek Drive, Milford. A witness said Waugh pulled her vehicle to the right shoulder of Fisher Avenue, northbound in front of 1103 Fisher Ave., Warsaw. The witness said Waugh’s vehicle began to roll slowly as if idling. The vehicle drove through the yard until it impacted a tree at the south end of the drive. Waugh was found to be unresponsive due to a medical issue. She was taken to the hospital. Damage: Under $750.
- 4:47 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24, US 30, east of East Center Street, Warsaw. Driver: Benjamin Roque, 21, Wagner Street, Fort Wayne. Roque was traveling eastbound and began merging onto US 30 from East Center Street, Warsaw. He said the driver of a vehicle in front of him slammed on their brakes. His vehicle couldn’t stop in time and hit the other vehicle. The other vehicle left the scene. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:44 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24, East US 30 and East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Preston M. West, 31, South CR 750E, Pierceton,;and Winifred B. Tripp, 69, CR 630, Bushnell, Fla. West was traveling eastbound on the on-ramp to East US 30 from East Center Street, Warsaw. He said traffic merging onto US 30 was backed up on the on-ramp due to a construction zone lane shift. He said traffic was stopping and going. He said Tripp’s vehicle in front of him stopped abruptly. She said that was due to traffic stopping in front of her. West’s vehicle hit hers. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:54 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 23, East US 30 and East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Javlonbek B. Ergashev, 27, Ocean Avenue, Brooklyn, N.Y.; and Travis L. Pequignot, 40, West Shoreline Drive, Columbia City. Both vehicles were traveling near a construction zone and collided with each other. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:31 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24, 726 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Driver: Dean A. Wade, 68, North CR 800E, Syracuse. Wade was pulling out of a parking lot. He said the sun was in his eyes and he couldn’t see a sign. His vehicle hit the sign. Damage: Up to $5,000.