WINONA LAKE — People can celebrate German culture in Winona Lake this weekend.
The Village at Winona’s Oktoberfest is Saturday, Sept. 25. It includes a Porsche show, homemade streusel contest and beer stein holding contest. There will also be children’s activities.
The Kosciusko County Velo Cycling Club Hash Ride & Run also will occur. It starts and ends at The Garden at the Cerulean, 1101 E. Canal St. B. Various prizes will be given out for those who enter.
Registration for that is at 3 p.m. and costs $20, with the event to start at 4 p.m.
Here is the schedule of events:
- 10 a.m.-6 p.m. – Village shops scarecrow contest voting
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – Porsche show
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – Kids’ activities with Spoonful of Imagination (Center Pavilion)
- 11 a.m. – Home-made streusel contest food drop off (Activity Tent)
- Noon – Home-made streusel contestjudging (Activity Tent)
- 2 p.m. – Beer Stein holding contest (Activity Tent)
- 3-10 p.m. – KCV Hash Ride & Run fundraiser (The Garden)
- 3-4 p.m. – KCV Hash Ride & Run registration (The Garden)
- 4 p.m. – Race starts and Finish Line After Party with Winona Bike Works (The Garden)
- 4-10 p.m. – The Garden opens for food and beverages