AKRON — Those wanting to celebrate some small town magic are welcome to attend the Akron Summer’s End Festival.
It’s set for Saturday, Sept. 25, at Pike Memorial Park in Akron. There will be a car show, music by ’50s and ’60s performer Quentin Flagg and free kids’ games among other things.
Those participating in the car show should enter into the park on Virgil Street.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- 3:30 p.m. – Lineup for the golf cart, UTV and bicycle parade behind the Akron fire station
- 4 p.m. – Golf cart, UTV and bicycle parade (route runs from Walnut Street to Virgil Street to the park)
- 4-9 p.m. – Car, truck and motorcycle cruise-in show
- 4-9 p.m. – Food trucks and retail vendors
- 5-7 p.m. – Free kids’ games
- 6-8 p.m. – Quentin Flagg performs