Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8:15 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, South CR 700E, north of East CR 500S, Pierceton. Driver: Brian K. Tusing, 53, South SR 13, Pierceton. Tusing was traveling northbound on South CR 700E in the area of East CR 500S, Pierceton. He came over a hill crest and witnessed a tree falling. The tree fell into the roadway and his vehicle hit the tree. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:11 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, East King Arthur Trail and North Camelot Lane East, Cromwell. Drivers: Tilden C. Frye, 68, Camelot Lane West, Cromwell; and Genaro Magana Rodriguez, 49, Roxbury Park, Goshen. Frye was traveling northbound on Camelot Lane East, Cromwell, and stopped at a stop sign at King Arthur Trail. Magana Rodriguez was traveling eastbound on King Arthur Trail. Frye said he was trying to follow a vehicle that he thought was involved in a prior theft incident. He didn’t see Magana Rodriguez’s vehicle and pulled into her path, causing a collision. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 1:32 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, East CR 500N and North CR 700E, North Webster. Drivers: Tami M. Zurzolo, 49, East Armstrong Road, Leesburg; and Gerald D. Oswalt, 84, Robin Drive, Warsaw. Zurzolo was traveling west on CR 500N approaching the intersection of CR 700E, North Webster, behind Oswalt’s vehicle. Oswalt said he stopped behind a vehicle waiting to turn left onto CR 700E. Zurzolo didn’t see Oswalt’s vehicle stopped until the last second and her vehicle hit his. Oswalt complained of overall soreness, but refused EMS. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:33 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 21, East CR 500N and EMS T12 Lane, North Webster. Driver: Samuel R. Fishburn, 24, North CR 700E, Leesburg. Fishburn said he was traveling eastbound on CR 500N, North Webster. He said he thought he took the curve too fast, causing his vehicle to come off the roadway on the right side. He then overcorrected, causing his vehicle to spin into the trees on the north side of the roadway. He said he was sleepy while he was driving and said it was possible that he fell asleep. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:24 p.m. Monday, Sept. 20, West CR 200S, west of South County Farm Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Hailey R. Charles, 29, Rosemont Avenue, Warsaw; and Kristina M. Quiroz, 31, South Honeybee Court, Warsaw. Charles said she was traveling eastbound on West CR 200S, Warsaw. She said Quiroz’s vehicle stopped for a mail delivery truck and her vehicle hit Quiroz’s. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 7:38 a.m. Monday, Sept. 20, North CR 75E, south of East Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Driver: Isaac L. Anderson, 17, East CR 575N, Leesburg. Anderson was traveling northbound on CR 75E south of Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Due to his being distracted, his vehicle left the roadway and caused him to strike some trees. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Mentone Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 9 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 23, Harvard Street, south of Jackson Street, Mentone. Drivers: Sandra L. Moriarty, 73, P.O. Box 515, Mentone; and Angela D. Pendley, 58, Macy Millark Road, Macy. Moriarty was backing out of a driveway when her vehicle struck Pendley’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:22 a.m. Monday, Sept. 20, 308 S. Huntington Street, Syracuse. Driver: Rhonda S. Thwaits, 55, East John Street, Syracuse. Thwaits was parked on the north side of the parking lot. While backing out, Thwaits backed her vehicle into a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 10:56 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, 1300 Husky Trail, Warsaw. Driver: Kelly A. Strang, 43, Mineral Springs Avenue, Winona Lake. Strang said she was traveling eastbound on Husky Trail, Warsaw. She said she got into an argument with her ex-boyfriend who was in the vehicle with her. She said she was going to drop off her ex-boyfriend at the movie theater located on Husky Trail. She said they were still arguing and she took off at a fast rate of speed. She tried to turn away from the rock landscape in front of Harrison Elementary School, but drove through it. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 5:07 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, East Winona Avenue, east of Reed Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Denise M. Eldridge, 56, South SR 15, Warsaw; and Michael R. Long, 43, West CR 250S No. 125, Warsaw. Eldridge’s and Long’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:38 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, SR 110 and SR 25, Rochester. Drivers: Debra Tottle, Rochester and Scott Cooksey, Akron. Tottle’s 2018 Dodge Journey collided with Cooksey’s 2004 Ford Taurus. Cooksey provided Tottle with his name and phone number before leaving the scene.
- 7:47 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 21, SR 25 and CR 500E, Rochester. Driver: Grizel Hook, Etna Green. Hit deer.
- 7:38 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 21, West Olson Road and CR 600W, Rochester. Driver: James Farris, no address listed. Hit deer.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 12:52 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, US 6 and Dogwood Road. Drivers: Jon Howard, South Bend; and Marlin Booher, Orland. Booher was approaching the intersection at US 6 and Dogwood in his 2016 Ford F150, when Howard’s 2014 Freightliner started through the intersection, causing the vehicles to collide. Booher’s vehicle went off the road and into a ditch. Booher was air lifted to a hospital for injuries. Howard suffered bruising but refused medical treatment.