Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following incidents:
- 12:06 a.m. Monday, Sept. 20, 15300 block US 6, Syracuse. A male reported he was battered by an individual who threw an object at his head.
- 11:16 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 16, 71000 block CR 25, New Paris. James Cripe reported finding a handgun missing from his safe. Another individual was found in possession of the firearm without the owner’s possession.
- 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15, 68000 block Main Street, New Paris. Aubrey Leonard reported the theft of a license plate.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following incidents:
- 6:02 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 18. A homemade trailer was reported stolen. Value: $6,000.
- 9:06 p.m. Friday, Sept. 17, 6100 block Cedar Lane, Rochester. Chandler D. Bright reported the theft of a microwave and coffee maker. Value: $79.99.
- 8:27 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 16, 200 block East Eighth Street, Rochester. Police were notified of a lost or stolen trailer plate.
- 9:50 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15, SR 14 and CR 850N, Kewanna. A motorist reported a rock hit the windshield of his/her vehicle.
Officers with the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following incidents:
- 6:32 p.m. Saturday, Sept 18, First Road and Redwood Road, Walkerton. Driver unknown. An older model silver SUV reportedly struck an unnamed pedestrian and then continued eastbound. The pedestrian was treated at the scene.
- 3:15 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 18, Michigan Road and Fifth Road, Plymouth. Drivers: Terry Dipert, Walkerton; and Michael Patrick, Plymouth. Dipert was transported to a hospital with unspecified injuries. Patrick was treated at the scene for injuries. Dipert’s vehicle struck the back of the Patrick vehicle, which was stopped to make a left turn.