MILFORD—Milford Library is now offering, The Teens’ Top Ten, a “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year. Teen book group members from fifteen libraries and schools nationwide nominate twenty-five books each year. Readers ages twelve to eighteen vote online between Aug. 15 – Oct. 15 on the Teens’ Top Ten site at http://www.ala.org/yalsa/teenstopten, for their favorite titles. Check out these nominees listed below and vote.
- “All the Stars and Teeth” by Adalyn Grace
- “The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes” by Suzanne Collins
- “Chain of Gold” by Cassandra Clare
- “The Inheritance Games” by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- “The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue” by VE Schwab
- “One of Us is Next” by Karen M. McManus
- “Dragon Hoops” by Gene Luen Yang
E-Books (available on Overdrive or Libby App)
- “We Used to Be Friends” by Amy Spalding
- “Tweet Cute” by Emma Lord
- “The Shadows Between Us” by Tricia Levenseller
- “The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea” by Maggie Tokudo-Hall
- “Instant Karma” by Marissa Meyer
- “Five Total Strangers” by Natalie D. Richards
- “Cemetery Boys” by Aiden Thomas
- “The Bone Thief” by Breeana Shields
- “The Black Friend: On Being a Better White Person” by Frederick Joseph
- “All Boys Aren’t Blue” by George M. Johnson
Sept. 29 – Fall Story Time Begins (Virtual)
The leaves are beginning to change and that signals fall is on it’s way. Meet us on ZOOM Wednesday, September 29 at 10:30 am for our first story time session of the season. We’re kicking off fall story time with the theme “Colors of Fall.” Wear your favorite fall color and join Miss Trisha as she reads stories filled with fall colors. We’ll also make a fall related craft, and have a snack together. Story time is a free program for children ages 3-6. Sign up at the children’s circulation desk today to receive the ZOOM link. Pick up make-and-take craft packets for this story time at the children’s circulation desk starting Monday, September 20. No library card needed.
Donations For Halloween
The library is currently accepting donations, to donate to the library; please bring full sized candy bars and monetary donations to be used for treats. Drop all donates off at the adult circulation desk. The library thanks you in advance for the donations and generosity.
Lego Crew Challenge – September
The library is challenging the crew to build a maze. Lego crew is still being done remotely so the crew will make the builds at home and then submit a photo of the finished project to [email protected] by 8 p.m. on Sept. 26. Staff will then vote for the winning submission and the winner will receive a new lego kit. No library card needed. For ages 18 & under.
Free Book Tote With New Library Card During September
September is national library card sign-up month. To celebrate, the library is giving away a free book tote to everyone who registers for a new library card. Application for library cards are processed at the adult circulation desk.
Requirements for a library card:
- Must be 6 yrs. old or older
- Resident of VanBuren or East Jefferson Township
- Have photo ID and a piece of mail with your current address. Minors (under 18) need a legal guardian’s signature and photo ID