Inside Indian Business
WARSAW – Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc., has named several members of the leadership team for its planned spin-off company, which will now be known as ZimVie. The medical device manufacturer says the effort to create the new, publicly-traded company is on track to close next year.
ZimVie will be the spin-off of Zimmer Biomet’s spine and dental businesses. The company announced plans for the spin-off in February and named Vafa Jamali its chief executive officer just a few weeks later.
Among the new appointments for ZimVie’s leadership team is Richard Heppenstall, who will serve as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Heppenstall most recently served as CFO of California-based medical device company Breg Inc.
“Rich is joining ZimVie at an instrumental time for the company, as we continue to shape our operating model and business plans in preparation for the planned spin-off,” Jamali said in a news release. “His extensive experience across all areas of finance within the medtech space will be critically important as we advance toward the formation of a new independent company for our Spine and Dental businesses.”
The other leadership appointments for ZimVie include:
- Vincent Binetti, General Manager, Bone Healing
- Laura Driscoll, Vice President, Communications
- David Harmon, Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Indraneel Kanaglekar, Senior Vice President, President, Global Dental
- Heather Kidwell, Senior Vice President, Chief Legal and Compliance Officer
- Mike Minette, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development
- Ann Vu, Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Rebecca Whitney, Senior Vice President, President, Global Spine
Zimmer Biomet expects the spin-off of ZimVie to close in mid-2022.