Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 9:19 a.m. Monday, Sept. 13, North Higbee Street north of West Syracuse Street, Milford. Drivers: Kyle J. Gilson, 30, West CR 100S, Warsaw, and Ashley E. Pulley, 35, North CR 925E, Pierceton. Gilson was traveling northbound on Higbee Street north of Syracuse Street, Milford. Pulley was stopped on Higbee Street, waiting to turn into the Milford Animal Clinic. Gilson’s vehicle hit Pulley’s. Pulley was transported to the hospital for treatment. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, CR 900S east of South County Farm Road, Claypool. Driver: Max C. Karg, 22, South CR 100E, Claypool. Karg was traveling westbound on CR 900S approaching South County Farm Road, Claypool, when his trailer hitch disconnected from the empty trailer he was pulling, which caused the trailer to begin aggressively swaying back and forth from the chains. His truck/trailer jackknifed into the north side ditch and cornfield. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 9:11 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13, East Center Street and North Hickory Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Maranda G. Evett, 32, Rieder Street, Warsaw, and Steven L. Foreman, 49, North Brown Lane, Warsaw. Evett said she was traveling westbound on East Center Street approaching the intersection of North Hickory Street, Warsaw. She didn’t realize that Foreman’s vehicle had slowed down significantly to cross over the railroad tracks. Her vehicle hit his. Foreman complained of right hand pain. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 7:36 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13, East Center Street and North SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Callen T. Hoskins, 18, North Lake Placid Drive, Warsaw, and Ryan C. Martin, 48, West Nina Lane, Warsaw. Hoskins was traveling westbound on East Center Street near the North SR 15 intersection, Warsaw. He said as he entered the intersection his turn arrow to turn left was green. As he began to turn, he noticed the traffic light was flashing yellow. It was too late, and his vehicle hit Martin’s. Martin was examined at the scene for a nosebleed. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 1:12 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, SR 15 north of Plaza Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Aaron D. Hobbs, 18, South Indiana Street, Warsaw, and George D. Lung, 73, EMS B48A Lane, Warsaw. Hobbs said he was traveling northbound on SR 15 in the right lane. He said Lung’s vehicle stopped in front of him. Lung said he had to stop due to the vehicle in front of him attempting to turn into the driveway of a business. Hobbs tried to stop, but his vehicle hit Lung’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:41 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13, East US 30 and South SR 13. Drivers: Breanna M. Hoffman, 29, West CR 250N, Larwill, and Rachel J. Kubsch, 34, North Front Street, Buchanan, Mich. Hoffman’s vehicle hit the back of Kubsch’s. Kubsch had stopped for an emergency vehicle. Hoffman’s view of the emergency vehicle was blocked by another vehicle nearby. A passenger in Hoffman’s vehicle was checked by medics. Hoffman had soreness on her left leg from an abrasion below the knee and was given an ice pack by medics. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8:26 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, East Olson Road and Old US 31, Rochester. Driver: Victoria Powell, no age or address. Hit deer.
- 11:40 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, CR 400N west of CR 600E. Driver: Heidi Oldfather, no age or address. Hit deer.
Officers with the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:54 a.m. Monday, Sept. 13, Michigan Road and First Road, LaPaz. Drivers: Timothy Sousley, 48, Plymouth, and Brandon Nettrouer, 16, LaPaz. Sousley’s vehicle struck the back of a 2008 Supra moped drive by Nettrouer, that was in the middle of the right hand driving lane. Sousley stated he did not see the rear taillights on the moped until he hit the moped. Nettrouer was taken to Memorial Hospital for pelvic injuries.