Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:50 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, West Old Road 30 west of North CR 350W, Warsaw. Driver: Joshua L. Stacy, 36, P.O. Box 1111, Carlisle. Stacy said he was driving northbound through the trailer park when something broke on his vehicle’s front right suspension. He lost control and hit a parked vehicle. Stacy didn’t have insurance for his vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:09 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, West CR 1350N west of North CR 850W, Warsaw. Drivers: Quinci A. Julian, 25, West CR 1350N, Nappanee, and Cassandra R. Rabe, 34, Sunset Avenue, Elkhart. Julian’s vehicle hit Rabe’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, Hepler Drive north of Crescent Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Hannah J. Florentine, 26, South CR 325E, Warsaw. Florentine’s vehicle hit a parked vehicle, then continued northbound for approximately 200 feet and almost collided with a truck and trailer. Her vehicle went past the truck and trailer and stopped. Florentine stated that her tire blew and she didn’t hit any vehicles. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 4:43 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, 6250 N. Old Road 15, Leesburg. Drivers: Sharon A. Newkirk, 57, East Prairie Street, Leesburg, and Tyson N. Baker, 42, East Birchwood Court, Warsaw. Newkirk’s and Baker’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 8:26 a.m. Friday, Sept. 10, North SR 13 south of Executive Boulevard, Syracuse. Drivers: Brody W. Reinholt, 28, South Elaine Drive, Warsaw, and Thomas L. Bradford, 59, East Jackson Street, Mentone. Reinholt was traveling northbound on SR 13 following behind Bradford’s vehicle in the area of Executive Boulevard, Warsaw. Bradford said he was slowing down to stop for a school bus traveling southbound on SR 13 that was activating the stop signal to pick up a student. Reinholt said he was distracted by a reckless driver in the area. He said he looked back forward and saw that Bradford’s vehicle was stopping. He couldn’t stop in time, and his vehicle hit the back of Bradford’s vehicle’s trailer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 7 a.m. Friday, Sept. 10, East Old Road 30 west of South CR 600E, Warsaw. Driver: Steven B. Crump, 58, South Southwood Drive, Warsaw. Crump was traveling eastbound on East Old Road 30 near South CR 600E, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 11:51 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8, US 30 and Meijer Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Breighton A. Treesh, 18, South Bourbon St., Bourbon, and Glenn G. Smith, 73, East Cider Mill Road, Columbia City. Smith said he was completely stopped at the Meijer Drive stoplight, Warsaw. He said there was a tractor-trailer in front of him that turned into the right-hand lane. His vehicle was then in front of Treesh’s. Treesh said that he began to apply his brakes and was not able to stop. His vehicle hit Smith’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 1 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, East CR 900S west of South CR 100E, Claypool. Driver: Derek T. Hunsberger, 22, West CR 500S, Mentone. Hunsberger was traveling westbound on CR 900S, Claypool, and hit a deer in the roadway at CR 100E. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:06 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, Magill Court south of Duffy Lane, Syracuse. Driver: Robert B. Durham, 57, Jay Street, Ligonier. Durham was backing out of the driveway of 4481 E. Magill Court, Syracuse, when he backed into a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 9:10 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, US 30 and East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Samantha N. Lambert, 23, South CR 400E, North Manchester, and William A. Crane, 79, North Shagbark Drive, Warsaw. Lambert said she had just gotten food and was traveling westbound on Lake County Highway. She said she looked down at her food and when she looked up, she saw that the light for her direction of travel was red. She couldn’t stop in time, and her vehicle hit Crane’s. Crane and his passenger were transported to the hospital. Crane complained of knee pain, and his passenger complained of head pain. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 2:53 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, North SR 15 and Lyon Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Sabas V. Muniz, 46, East Main Street, Warsaw, and Virginia K. Stafford, 55, Rosemont Avenue, Warsaw. Muniz’s and Stafford’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 10:01 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, 310 E. Market St., Warsaw. Drivers: James L. Breading, 81, Kincaide Street, Warsaw, and Aaron K. Case, 25, South High Street, Warsaw. Breading was backing out of a parking spot and didn’t see Case’s vehicle traveling through the parking lot behind him. Breading’s vehicle backed into Case’s. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 6:35 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 12, North Harrison Street west of Dubois Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Sasha L. Woods, 39, North Brook Boulevard, Warsaw. Woods was unable to give an account of what happened. She appeared dazed and confused. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 5:22 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, South Lake Street and West Market Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Erica M. Anderson, 30, Old Colony Road, Warsaw, and Megan D. Young, 23, Birch Road, Mentone. Anderson’s and Young’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 12:24 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, SR 15 north of East Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Akash R. Ramesh, 25, Chamberlin Drive, Warsaw, and Modesta T. Torres Rodriguez, 44, North Old Road 15, Warsaw. Ramesh was traveling northbound on SR 15 behind Torres Rodriguez. She stopped in front of him, and Ramesh applied his brakes and felt the vehicle should have stopped sooner than it did. His vehicle hit hers. Ramesh said he will have his brakes checked. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 11:25 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, Argonne Road and East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Colleen C. Scherer, 56, North CR 300E, Warsaw, and Erick A. Morales Bonilla, 47, South Seventh Street, Pierceton. Scherer said she was stopped in traffic behind Morales Bonilla’s vehicle. She believed traffic was moving forward and her vehicle accelerated forward. Morales Bonilla’s vehicle was still stopped, and her vehicle hit his. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 5:25 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, Shelden Street north of West CR 300N, Warsaw. Drivers: Emily E. Gibson, 32, North Union Street, Warsaw, and Alyx K. Bates, 29, EMS C31 Lane, Warsaw. Gibson was traveling southbound on Shelden Street near the northwest rear entrance to the parking lot of TJ Maxx, Warsaw. She was upset because she had just received bad news. When she was turning east into the parking lot, she wasn’t paying attention and hit Bates’ vehicle. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 4:17 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, East Smith Street east of Geneva Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jared A. Hurd, 29, Anchorage Road, Warsaw, and Jeri D. Purdy, 37, Terrace Drive, Winona Lake. Hurd said he was backing his vehicle out of the driveway of the residence of 815 E. Smith Street, Warsaw. As he was backing out of the driveway onto East Smith Street, he didn’t see Purdy’s vehicle traveling westbound on East Smith Street. His vehicle hit Purdy’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 5:52 a.m. Friday, Sept. 10, South Buffalo Street south of East Prairie Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Bryant J. Rodriguez, 23, West CR 250S, Warsaw, and Jeffrey W. Phlueger, 50, South Main Street, Bourbon. Rodriguez said he was turning south from the BP gas station onto South Buffalo Street, Warsaw, when he failed to see Phlueger’s vehicle, which was southbound on South Buffalo Street. His vehicle hit Phlueger’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 2:17 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, Lake City Highway and Anchorage Road, Winona Lake. Drivers: Jose L. Rodriguez, 53, Stratford Drive, Winona Lake, and John R. Keith, 64, West Main Street, Gas City. Rodriguez was traveling eastbound on US 30 and was approaching the intersection of Anchorage Road, Winona Lake. He said had begun moving into the right turn lane to turn onto Anchorage Road. He said traffic was backed up, so he decided to go back eastbound on US 30. As he moved back into the eastbound lane of travel, Keith’s vehicle was stopping. Rodriguez’s vehicle hit Keith’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 8:54 a.m. Friday, Sept. 10, 702 Connection Circle, Winona Lake. Driver: Lily A. Williams, 18, West Montgomery Street, Francesville. Williams said she was parked facing southbound in the parking lot next to a parked vehicle. She backed out of her parking space and turned left to begin traveling eastbound through the parking lot. She didn’t back out far enough and when she began turning, her vehicle hit the parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.