Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:28 a.m. Friday, Sept. 10, North CR 700W north of West Crystal Lake Road, Warsaw. Driver: Alejandro N. Velasquez, 24, East Market Street, Warsaw. Velasquez was traveling southbound on CR 700W in the area of Crystal Lake Road, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 7:36 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8, East Pierceton Road east of South CR 500E, Pierceton. Driver: Jesus S. Rangel, 52, South Side Drive, Warsaw. Rangel was traveling eastbound on East Pierceton Road in the area east of South CR 500E, Pierceton. He said the vehicle in front of him began to slow down, so he started to apply his brakes. He applied his brakes too hard, which caused them to lock up and start skidding. His vehicle went off the south side of the roadway, then rolled onto its driver’s side. His vehicle collided with the grass ditch, then rolled into the standing cornfield. A passenger in his vehicle had a complaint of neck pain and was transported by Lutheran EMS to the hospital. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:25 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8, Anchorage Road east of North Detroit Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Corey M. Dains, 38, Southwood Drive, Mishawaka, and John D. Sutherlin, 52, West CR 250S, Warsaw. Dains’ vehicle was involved in a police pursuit. His vehicle was traveling westbound on Anchorage Road after turning off of North Detroit Street, Warsaw. Sutherlin’s vehicle was going around a vehicle that was stopped on the side of Anchorage Road before he saw Dains’ vehicle coming towards him. Dains was unable to control his vehicle as it was traveling towards Sutherlin’s vehicle. Dains’ vehicle slid into Sutherlin’s. Dains was taken to the hospital with a possible broken foot. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8, North CR 850W north of West CR 1350N, Nappanee. Driver: Brittany C. Hall, 35, West CR 1250S, Akron. Hall was traveling northbound on CR 850W, Nappanee, when a vehicle in the southbound lane crossed over to her lane of travel and sideswiped her vehicle. The other vehicle then left the scene. Hall was treated for cuts on her face while on scene. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, North SR 13 north of Syracuse Webster Road, North Webster. Drivers: Helen M. Watson, 92, East CR 1400N, Syracuse, and Vincent L. Rhodes, 63, East South Street, North Webster. Watson was traveling northbound on SR 13 following Rhodes’ vehicle. She said she applied her brakes, but still hit Rhodes’ vehicle with hers. Rhodes said he was signaling to turn left into his mother’s driveway. He said he saw Watson’s vehicle coming up behind him, but heard her lock up her brakes. He said he hit his accelerator but was struck from behind by Rhodes’ vehicle. Watson said she was fine, but had surgery scheduled soon. Rhodes complained his neck was a little tight, but refused EMS. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:04 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, North CR 150W and US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Todd A. Doberstein, 51, North Cheyenne Drive, Warsaw, and Gerardo Marroquin-Beltran, 18, West Baker Street, Warsaw. Doberstein said he was facing northbound on North CR 150W on the south side of the intersection of US 30, Warsaw. He said he was stopped at the stop light behind Marroquin-Beltran’s vehicle, when he accidentally let his foot off the brake and hit Marroquin-Beltran’s vehicle. Damage: Under $750.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8, SR 25 and CR 350E, Rochester. Driver: Cash Sinkey, Bourbon. Sinkey’s motorcycle struck a deer. Sinkey suffered unknown injuries.