Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:17 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 7, West Crystal Lake Road west of North CR 650W, Warsaw. Driver: Calvin D. Sherk, 56, South CR 400W, Warsaw. Sherk was traveling westbound on Crystal Lake Road, Warsaw, when a deer hit his vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:34 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 7, East CR 1350N west of North CR 1000E, Syracuse. Driver: Zachary D. Wigent, 19, North CR 1100W, Ligonier. Wigent was traveling westbound on East CR 1350N, Syracuse, when he attempted to adjust his air conditioner and left the roadway. His vehicle sideswiped a utility pole, snapping it in half. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 4:41 p.m. Monday, Sept. 6, North SR 13 south of East Waco Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Nicholas O. Roberts, 41, North CR 175E, Warsaw. Roberts said he was traveling northbound on SR 13 when the vehicle in front of him, a Ford Escape, suddenly turned right into the Sleepy Owl Restaurant, causing him to lay the motorcycle down to avoid running into the rear of the vehicle. Roberts and his passenger both had visible road rash to their arms, hands and shoulders. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 1:32 p.m. Monday, Sept. 6, Old Road 30 and CR 450E, Warsaw. Driver: Michael T. McCandless, 50, Van Buren Street, Defiance, Ohio. McCandless said he was driving eastbound on Old Road 30 and struck a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 12:40 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 5, South SR 25 south of West CR 200S, Warsaw. Driver: Duane M. Wampler, 58, Poplar Street, Warsaw. Wampler said while traveling southbound on SR 25, he came upon a curve in the roadway. He looked in his right mirror and came upon gravel in the roadway, causing his vehicle to go off the roadway and laying it down on the left side. Wampler was transported to the hospital for leg and arm injuries. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 3, East Main Street west of North Yale Street, Mentone. Drivers: Kaiden E. Meade, 17, North Broadway Street, Mentone, and Sarah A. Riker, 23, McCormick Avenue, Washington. Meade said while traveling southbound on Yale Street his vehicle came to the intersection of Yale and Main streets. He stopped to observe for oncoming east-west traffic on Main Street. He said he didn’t see Riker’s vehicle, which was traveling westbound on Main Street. When he proceeded through the intersection to turn onto Main Street to travel east on Main Street, his vehicle hit Riker’s. A passenger in Meade’s vehicle said she had a minor scrape on her right knee. Riker said she had injuries to her arm and a small laceration above her right eye. A passenger in her vehicle said she had arm and side pain. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 1:37 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, East CR 1300N east of North Old SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Henry R. Kidd, 27, East CR 1300N, Milford, and Vincente C. Herrera, 20, Roxbury Park, Goshen. Kidd’s and Herrera’s vehicles collided. Herrera was transported by ambulance to the hospital due to chest pain. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 8:28 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 7, East Winona Avenue and South Scott Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Miguel Tecuatl, 35, Chamberlin Drive, Warsaw, and Samuel A. Moody, 20, East Island View Drive, Warsaw. Tecuatl’s and Moody’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 4:04 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 7, Argonne Road and East Jefferson Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jessica R. Lemler, 31, North Jefferson Street, Silver Lake, and Joseph Zamora, 38, West Mile 10 Road, Weslaco, Texas. Lemler was traveling southbound on Argonne Road near the intersection of East Jefferson Street, Warsaw. She said she was feeling ill and not paying attention to traffic stopped at the intersection. Her vehicle hit Zamora’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 11:31 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 7, North Washington Street and East Center Street, Warsaw. Driver: Adam K. Fisher, 36, West High Street, Etna Green. Fisher was traveling southbound on North Washington Street, Warsaw. His vehicle hit a parked vehicle along a curb because Fisher believed he had enough room, but did not. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9 p.m. Monday, Sept. 6, 2034 E. Center St., Warsaw. Driver: Nataly J. Rodriguez, 17, West Old Road 30 35, Warsaw. Rodriguez said she pulled into the ATM lane at the bank. She struck a support beam on the side of the ATM lane with her vehicle’s rear tire. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 6:14 p.m. Monday, Sept. 6, 409 Argonne Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Daniel T. Kern, 50, Martin Manor Drive, Goshen, and Craig R. Minear, 38, Michele Drive, Milford. Kern was backing his vehicle out of its parking space. He said he didn’t see Minear’s vehicle behind him, and his vehicle hit Minear’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:14 p.m. Monday, Sept. 7, US 31 and SR 110, Rochester. Drivers: Rickens Thomas, Noblesvillle, and Loren Bules, Rochester. No further information available.
- 7:28 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 5, Old US 31 and CR 800N, Rochester. Driver: Michael Larimore, Logansport. Larimore’s motorcycle struck a deer. Larimore suffered unknown injuries.
- 9:27 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 5, Strawberry Lane and Olson Road, Rochester. Driver: Corbin Tribbey, Plymouth. No further information available.