Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:25 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 4, East CR 800N north of North Syracuse Webster Road, North Webster. Drivers: Devon E. Dill, 21, Montpelier Pike, Marion, and Steven M. Smith, 59, East Camp Mack Road, Milford. Dill said he was traveling eastbound on CR 800N, North Webster, when he came up to the intersection. He stopped. He thought Syracuse Webster Road had a stop sign and proceeded into the intersection. Smith’s vehicle hit his. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 4, South SR 15 east of West CR 300S, Warsaw. Drivers: Isaac A. Sands, 25, West CR 950S, Silver Lake, and Brenda L. Rowe, 61, Lakefield Trail, Marietta, Ga. Sands was stopped at West CR 300S at the intersection of South SR 15, Warsaw. Rowe’s vehicle was northbound on South SR 15. Sands’ vehicle entered the intersection in the path of Rowe’s vehicle. His vehicle hit hers. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:26 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 4, North CR 175E north of East CR 550N, Leesburg. Driver: Shawn M. Bianchini, 30, South Union Street, Warsaw. Bianchini was traveling northbound on CR 550N, Warsaw, when a deer hit his vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:09 p.m. Friday, Sept. 3, Husky Trail north of North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Hannah E. Haber, 19, Fogel Road, Churubusco, Laverna K. Webster, 76, Vixen Lane, Warsaw, and Melinda S. Lankenau, 63, West CR 850S, Claypool. Haber said she was facing eastbound on an access road that leads to Clearwater Car Wash off Husky Trail, Warsaw. She said she believed she had enough time to drive eastbound across Husky Trail to head toward another local business. Her vehicle pulled out in front of Webster’s, causing Webster’s vehicle to hit hers. The impact caused Haber’s vehicle to hit Lankenau’s vehicle. Haber complained of left shoulder/chest pain and Webster complained of chest pain. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 10:40 a.m. Friday, Sept. 3, East US 30 west of South CR 450E, Warsaw. Driver: Mark A. Harness, 64, East Evergreen Drive, Warsaw. Harness said he was traveling westbound on US 30 near South CR 450E, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:45 a.m. Friday, Sept. 3, West CR 1350N west of North CR 500W, Milford. Drivers: Cainan J. Cripe, 30, and Wendell J. Miller, CR 127, New Paris. Cripe was traveling northbound on North CR 500E, Milford, when he disregarded the stop sign at the intersection of West CR 1350N, and his vehicle hit Miller’s, which was traveling westbound on West CR 1350N. Cripe’s vehicle went into a field as a result of the collision. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 3:50 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, North SR 13 north of East Old Road 30, Pierceton. Drivers: Shaun Cabrera, 33, East Market Street, Warsaw, and Brian C. Parker, 61, East CR 500S, Warsaw. Cabrera said he had his cellphone in his hand and was hanging up a call when his vehicle hit Parker’s, which was stopped on SR 13, Pierceton, for a vehicle that was making a left hand turn into a private driveway. Parker complained of head pain, but he and Cabrera both refused medical treatment. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 9:26 p.m. Friday, Sept. 3, North Main Street north of West Washington Street, North Webster. Drivers: Cody R. Miller, 16, South Mary Lafern Street, North Webster, and Korinne V. Hazen, 27, East CR 400S, Pierceton. Miller was traveling northbound on South Main Street, North Webster, and saw the traffic light was green at the intersection of Main Street and Washington Street. He looked down for a second and and when he looked back up, Hazen’s vehicle was still stopped waiting for the car in front of her to turn left. He was unable to avoid a collision with Hazen’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $1,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, East Pickwick Drive east of South Forest Lane, Syracuse. Drivers: Cainan J. Cripe, 30, and Sara E. Church, 42, East Benton Street, Syracuse. Cripe said he was traveling eastbound on East Pickwick Drive, when he crossed over the center line during the curve near the intersection of South Forest Lane and East Pickwick Drive, Syracuse. His driver’s side mirror scraped the side of Church’s vehicle that was traveling westbound on East Pickwick Drive. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:09 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 4, 219 S. Lake Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Michael A. Wenger, 25, Primrose Road, North Liberty, and Dustin E. Shireman, 29, Lakeview Drive, Warsaw. Wenger said his vehicle was in parking stall at Little Caesars. He backed his vehicle out of the stall and didn’t see Shireman’s vehicle behind him. His vehicle hit Shireman’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 11:34 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 4, East Old Road 30 and East US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Michael K. Johnson, 60, Ridge Drive, Indianapolis, and Mackenzie L. Smith, 23, Vista Drive, Oswego, Ill. Johnson was traveling southwest on East Old Road 30, Warsaw, approaching the intersection of East US 30 at the traffic signal. He said he intended to go to a business to the east of him and was in the straight lane. He said he looked east and saw the business he was wanting to go to and began to change lanes to the eastbound East US 30 turn lane. He said he misjudged the distance between his vehicle and Smith’s and must had been too close when changing lanes. His vehicle hit Smith’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 6:19 p.m. Friday, Sept. 3, SR 15 and Shelden Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Seaquinn T. Bright, 22, North CR 500E, Syracuse, and Donell J. Ortega, 39, Red Blossom Drive, Goshen. Bright said she was traveling southbound on North Detroit Street (SR 15) just north of the intersection of Shelden Street, Warsaw. While she was traveling behind Ortega’s vehicle after being stopped in traffic, the driver of a truck in front of Ortega’s vehicle hit the brakes and stopped while the light was green. That caused Ortega’s vehicle to stop suddenly, and Bright’s vehicle hit hers. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 10:27 a.m. Friday, Sept. 3, East Clark Street west of North Maple Avenue, Warsaw. Driver: Sasha L. Woods, 39, South Main Street, Kokomo. Woods was headed to Center Lake Park, but she took a wrong turn. While driving eastbound on East Clark Street, Warsaw, she fell asleep at the wheel. She said she woke up when she ran off the roadway and felt her vehicle hit something, which she believed was a concrete set of walkway stairs. Her vehicle hit a no parking sign and a NIPSCO pole. Woods left the scene of the accident. She was located and cited for leaving the scene of a property damage accident and for driving while suspended – prior. Damage: Up to $10,000.