Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 9:33 a.m. Friday, Sept. 3, 319 S. Indiana St., Warsaw. Driver: Daisy M. Hollon, 44, Oriole Drive, Warsaw. Hollon said she was backing out of the driveway at 319 S. Indiana St., Warsaw, when she hit guy wires attached to a pole. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 2:42 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, SR 19 and CR 28. Drivers: Moses Hochstetler, 73, Nappanee, and Joel Wilkins, 43, Goshen. Injured were passengers in the Wilkins’ vehicle: Jennifer Newcomer, 42, Nappanee, complained of ankle pain and Sandra Witt, 57, Nappanee, complained of back pain. Hochstetler was stopped on SR 19, waiting to make a left turn. Wilkins’ vehicle, a 2018 Freightliner ambulance, was north on SR 19 with emergency lights activated attempting to pass Hochstetler’s vehicle on the left, when Hochstetler turned into the ambulance as the ambulance was passing his vehicle. Witt, a passenger in the ambulance, continued with the patient in the ambulance to Elkhart Hospital where she was then treated for back pain. Newcomer, also a passenger in the ambulance, was taken to Goshen Hospital by another ambulance. Hochstetler was cited for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle causing injury.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:45 a.m. Friday, Sept. 3, SR 14 and CR 1100W. Drivers: Cheryl Warner, Winamac, and Caleb Gilman, Rochester. The bus driven by Cheryl Warner and Gilman’s Ford Escape collided.
- 3:50 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, SR 14, west of US 31. Driver: Dennis Carroll, Milford. Carroll’s vehicle went off the road and hit a tree.
- 1:54 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, US 31 and West Third Street, Rochester. Drivers: Benjamin Robbins, Kewanna, and Karen Wiley, Etna Green. Robbins’ vehicle collided with Wiley’s vehicle.
- 7:14 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, CR 450N and CR 100W, Rochester. Driver: Lee Sutton, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 5:25 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1, CR 600W, Rochester. Driver: Emily Foust, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 11:56 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1, East Front Street, Akron. Drivers: James D. Thomas III, Fort Wayne, and Nicholas Wisel, Warren. Equipment operated by Thomas ran into Wisel’s GMC Sierra.