Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, East CR 200N west of North Vicky Lane, Warsaw. Drivers: Ross E. Harrell, 72, East Pierceton Road, Pierceton, and Samuel Alameda, 56, BJ Street, Mishawaka. Harrell was traveling eastbound on East CR 200N, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. The deer bounced off the vehicle and hit Alameda’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:07 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, North First Street north of West Columbia Street, Pierceton. Drivers: Austin T. Murphy, 21, East Pierceton Road, Pierceton, and Michael S. Anderson, 54, East CR 1000S, Claypool. Murphy was traveling northbound on North First Street, Pierceton, while Anderson was stopped in traffic. Murphy said he didn’t notice that traffic was stopped. He didn’t have time to stop and hit Anderson’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 5:33 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1, 8746 E. Hatchery Road, Syracuse. Driver: Kenneth E. Wilson, 70, East CR 1250N, Syracuse. While traveling eastbound on East Hatchery Road, Syracuse, Wilson’s vehicle crossed left of center and went off the roadway. It struck two mailboxes, landscape and a canoe before hitting a garage. A parked vehicle in the garage and other items were damaged. Wilson was checked out by medical professionals. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 4:01 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1, South Graceland Avenue west of East Calhoun Street, Warsaw. Driver: Martin Darko, 66, Thornridge Drive, Grand Blanc, Mich. Darko said he was traveling eastbound on East Calhoun Street in Claypool. He said a low-hanging utility wire got caught on his truck. Before he realized what happened, two utility poles were snapped off the base and a third was leaning over significantly. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 9:11 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, 819 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Driver: William V. Crouch, 77, Sophie Lane, Warsaw. Crouch was backing his vehicle out of a parking space to the north. He said he didn’t see a parked vehicle. His vehicle hit the other one. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 7:59 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, SR 15 and East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jacob A. Lucas, 29, North CR 250E, Warsaw, and Matthew P. Jagger, 26, Robson Road, Winona Lake. Lucas said he was traveling westbound on East Center Street, Warsaw, He said he turned right onto SR 15 and turned too wide, with his vehicle crossing into the lane of travel of Jagger’s vehicle. Their vehicles collided. Lucas said he pulled into the CVS parking lot to speak with Jagger. Lucas said he knew his license was suspended prior and he didn’t have vehicle insurance, so he fled the scene when Jagger said he was calling police. Lucas was found by another officer and arrested for driving while suspended – prior, operating a vehicle without insurance with a prior conviction and leaving the scene of a property damage accident. He was also issued a citation for operating a vehicle with false/fictitious registration. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 8:12 a.m. Monday, Aug. 30, Husky Trail south of Mariners Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Howard F. Martin, 61, East Gatesworth Drive, Columbia City. Martin was traveling northwest on Husky Trail just past Martin’s Supermarket, Warsaw, when a deer collided with his vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:12 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1, Henry Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Myra N. Contreras, 17, Brookfield Circle, Warsaw, Timothy J. Wilson, 35, West CR 700N, Culver, and Gladys D. Graff, 78, Putter Place, Syracuse. Contreras’ vehicle rear-ended Wilson’s vehicle, resulting in Wilson’s vehicle rear-ending Graff’s vehicle. Wilson was checked out by EMS for shoulder pain at the scene. Damage: Up to $10,000.