Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:56 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31, SR 14, Silver Lake. Drivers: Rezner S. Davis, 17, West CR 800S, Claypool; and Dennis E. Kline, 66, Packerton Road, Claypool. Davis was stopped at a stop sign on CR 200W and said his view was obstructed by a cornfield. He pulled into the path of Kline’s vehicle on SR 14, resulting in a collision. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:49 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31, Cornelius Road and Eastshore Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Charles L. Watkins, 81, Parkwest Drive, Goshen. Watkins’ vehicle went off the road and into a wooded area. He said he was driving himself to Medstat due to being stung by a bee and being allergic. Watkins was taken to Goshen Hospital for treatment. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:32 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31, Armstrong Road and North CR 200E, Leesburg. Drivers: Cherie L. Keller, 56, Meadowood Drive, Speedway; and Michael R. Beezley, 47, Prairie Street, Leesburg. Keller said she thought all vehicles had to stop at the intersection so she proceeded to pull out, into the path of Beezley’s vehicle, resulting in a collision. Damage up to $25,000.
- 11:10 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 25, South CR 600W, Warsaw. Drivers: Braiden Hurley, 15, Broadway Street, Mentone; and Donald T. Green, 67, East CR 1300N, North Manchester. Hurley ran a stop sign and his vehicle struck Green’s vehicle. A passenger in Green’s vehicle, who was not identified in the police report, was taken to the hospital for chest pain. Damage up to $10,000.
Officer with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 10:10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31, Medusa Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Tony J. Pearson, 62, Dogleg Drive, Syracuse; and Diana L. Woolley, 65, East CR 1100N, Syracuse. Pearson’s vehicle backed into Woolley’s vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
- 4:23 p.m. Monday, Aug. 30, Huntington Street, south of Palm Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Galena S. Stocklin, 48, Hiawatha Drive, Syracuse; and Darlena M. Kauffman, 56, North CR 620E, Syracuse. Stocklin’s vehicle struck Kaufmann’s vehicle as Stocklin was backing out of a parking space. Damage up to $750.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:58 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31, East CR 75N, Warsaw. Drivers: Chad M. Ouimet, 39, North CR 400E, Warsaw; and Ajah M. Randall, 33, North CR 175E, Warsaw. Ouimet’s vehicle rear-ended Randall’s vehicle. Randall complained of neck pain and a passenger in Randall’s vehicle complained of toe pain, but both refused medical attention at the scene. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:46 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31, Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Dennis M. DuBay, 45, Tina Marie Court, Fort Wayne; and Steve DeFord, 67, Lake Tahoe Trail, Warsaw. DuBay’s vehicle rear-ended DeFord’s vehicle. DeFord was transported by medics due to complaint of neck pain. Damage up to $10,000.
- 3:12 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31, Center Street, Warsaw. Driver: Jessica L. Scheil, 42, Stag Drive, Warsaw. Scheil’s vehicle struck a concrete post in a gas station parking lot. Damage up to $5,000.