By Lasca Randels
WARSAW — Sada Hooley, a new member of the Kosciusko County Chamber of Commerce, is offering half pound, homemade cookies through her new home-based business, The Crazy Cookie.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Thursday, Aug. 26.
The business is based out of Goshen, where Hooley resides, but her cookies can be found locally at Wire & Steam in Warsaw.
Hooley said the idea for the business came about because of her desire to be a stay-at-home mom.
“I love to cook and honestly I didn’t think i was going to be a good baker at all. The last time I tried making homemade cookies, I probably burnt them,” Hooley said. “But I take care of my son. I’m a stay-at-home mom with him. I didn’t want to send him to daycare because it honestly wouldn’t be worth my paycheck doing that, so I started an at-home business.”
The online menu for The Crazy Cookie Company currently includes:
- Oreo Overload cookie — Cocoa-based cookie with a cookies & cream core with white chocolate and extra Oreos
- Make Me Snicker — Cookie dough base with peanuts and mini chocolate chips stuffed with a snickers bar and topped with caramel/milk chocolate drizzle
- Circus Animal — Sugar cookie base with neon party sprinkles, circus animal cookie blend and a white chocolate core topped with an animal cookie
- Yabba Dabba — Sugar cookie base with Fruity Pebbles and a white chocolate/marshmallow core
- Bam Bam — Cocoa-based cookie with peanut butter chips and mini chocolate chips
- Coffee Craze — Coffee-based cookie dough with Heath/Espresso chips and an espresso drizzle
Hooley said the business, which just launched about a month ago, has “kind of blown up beyond what I expected.”