Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:08 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 24, West SR 14, west of South CR 925W, Akron. Driver: Gary T. Riegling, 43, South CR 950W, South Whitley. Riegling was traveling westbound on SR 14, Akron, when a deer hit his vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 10:23 p.m. Monday, Aug. 23, South County Farm Road, north of West CR 900S, Claypool. Driver: Larry L. Miller, 60, North Calhoun Street, South Whitley. Miller was traveling southbound on County Farm Road, Claypool, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 12:48 p.m. Monday, Aug. 23, 8345 S. SR 19, Mentone. Drivers: Garret L. Yocum, 17, West SR 25, Mentone; and Tyler E. Yates, 17, North Broadway Street, Mentone. Yocum had just helped jump-start a fellow student’s car in the parking lot and pushed in the clutch on his vehicle. His vehicle started to roll back while Yates’ vehicle was pulling out of his parking space. His vehicle hit Yates’. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 7:43 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, 633 Chapman Lake Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Emily M. Molitor, 19, North Jefferson Street, Huntington. Molitor’s vehicle hit two parked vehicles. Her hitting one of them caused it to hit a third vehicle. Molitor said she was unfamiliar with the area and it was foggy. She didn’t see a curve in the road and continued straight. She knew that she had struck a vehicle. She left the scene because she was scared and didn’t know what to do. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 23, 2211 E. Center St., Warsaw. Drivers: Gloria G. Alvarado, 54, Dot Street, Warsaw; and John F. Helfrich, 73, East Main Street, Warsaw. Alvarado was backing her vehicle from a parking space when she hit Helfrich’s vehicle, which was also being backed from a parking space. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:15 p.m. Monday, Aug. 23, North Lake Street, south of Mile Marker #836, Warsaw. Drivers: Brandon D. Tagler, 20, North Old SR 15 17, Warsaw; and Joshua S. Light, 31, North Lake Street, Warsaw. Light was traveling south on North Lake Street when Tagler’s vehicle passed him on the left side as he was preparing to make a left turn. Tagler left the scene of the accident and was later located by officers. Damage up to $2,500.
- 8:20 a.m. Monday, Aug. 23, East Center Street and US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Natalie A. Oler, 17, North CR 175E, Warsaw; and Claire E. Deeter, 16, Saddlebrook Lane, Warsaw. Oler was traveling southbound on East Center Street approaching a red light at the intersection of US 30, Warsaw. She was traveling behind Deeter’s vehicle, which came to a stop in traffic at the red light. She went to hit her brakes, but hit her accelerator, which caused her vehicle to hit Deeter’s. As the two were pulling off the roadway, her vehicle hit Deeter’s a second time. Deeter said she had hit her forearm against the steering wheel and had pain in her arm. She refused EMS. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:17 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 21, Section Drive and Peach Lane, Rochester. Driver: Jessica Laba, no age given, Monterey. No further information available.
- 6:13 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 21, SR 110 and CR 475E, Rochester. Driver: Cortney Allen, no age listed, Rochester. Hit deer.