Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:29 a.m. Friday, Aug. 20, West US 30 east of North CR 350W, Warsaw. Driver: Stephanie D. Rose, 44, Seville Court, Ligonier. Rose was traveling eastbound on West US 30 near North CR 350W, Warsaw, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 8:05 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, East Hatchery Road north of North CR 850E, Syracuse. Drivers: Joshua D. Arriola, 19, North Raggedy Ann Road, Cromwell, and Ashley R. Strange, 27, West CR 200N, Cromwell. Strange was sitting at the intersection of North CR 850E and East Turkey Creek Road, Syracuse. She started to turn right onto East Turkey Creek Road, but saw a truck coming and stopped. Arriola saw Strange’s vehicle begin pulling out onto East Turkey Creek Road, and he proceeded to go. He didn’t realize she had stopped and he hit her vehicle with his. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:33 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18, South SR 15 north of West CR 550S, Warsaw. Drivers: Lisa Bridgeforth, 50, Byron Center Avenue, Wyoming, Mich., and Pascual Cruze, 55, Fruit Ridge Avenue, Kent City, Mich. Bridgeforth was traveling northbound, following Cruze’s vehicle on SR 15 in the area of CR 550S, Warsaw. Bridgeforth attempted to pass Cruze’s vehicle. While she was trying to do so, the vehicles approached a curve in the road. Bridgeforth attempted to steer back into the northbound lane, and her vehicle hit Cruze’s vehicle and the trailer it was pulling. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 1:17 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18, West US 30 and North CR 200W, Warsaw. Drivers: Aron H. Tekle, 35, Amity Springs Drive, Charlotte, N.C., and Sydney M. Mais, 21, Lantern Lane, Elkhart. Tekle was traveling westbound on US 30 approaching CR 200W, Warsaw. He turned south, crossing eastbound traffic on US 30. He failed to yield to Mais’ vehicle, causing a collision. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:04 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18, 103 E. County Line Road, Syracuse. Driver: Justin M. Sainer, 38, East County Line Road, Syracuse. Sainer was backing up in the private entrance to a residence and hit a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:35 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, East Center Street and US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Oluwaseyitan A. Adebanjo, 23, Greenhaven Street, Warsaw, and Adam D. Habegger, 35, North Stoneburner Road, Warsaw. Adebanjo said he had just crossed US 30 while traveling westbound on Center Street, Warsaw, in the right hand turn lane. He said he started to merge into the left lane so he could make a left turn at Eastlake Drive, and his vehicle hit Habegger’s. He said Habegger’s vehicle was in his blind spot and he didn’t see it prior to beginning to change lanes. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 5:04 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, Anchorage Road and SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Hannah M. Smith, 20, West Winona Avenue, Warsaw, and Erin M. Jacobson, 34, North Pleasant Street, Silver Lake. Smith said she had just turned east onto Anchorage Road from Detroit Street, Warsaw, when she turned around to talk with her passenger. When she turned back around, Jacobson’s vehicle had stopped in traffic. Smith didn’t have time to stop and hit Jacobson’s vehicle with hers. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:04 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, SR 15 and South Lake Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jo A. Daeger, 60, East Shoop Road, Pierceton, and Rachel N. Easterling, 19, South Stonebridge Road, Warsaw. Daeger said she was turning left from South Lake Street to go north on SR 15. As she was turning, her vehicle hit Easterling’s. Daeger said she didn’t see Easterling’s vehicle prior to the collision. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:56 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, East CR 700N and North CR 200E, Leesburg. Drivers: Kelsey N. Davis, 22, Chamberlin Drive, Warsaw, and Brenndan J. Elkin, 23, Hobson Road, Fort Wayne. Davis said she was traveling eastbound on CR 700N turning north onto CR 200E, Leesburg. She didn’t see Elkin’s vehicle and hit the front of it with hers. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 8:06 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, CR 36 and CR 9. Drivers: William Miller Jr., 68, Elkhart, and Iva Cornell, 20, Leesburg. Miller suffered chest injuries and was taken to Memorial Hospital, South Bend, for treatment. Miller drove his vehicle into the intersection failing to yield the right of way to Cornell’s vehicle. After impact, Cornell’s vehicle went off the road and hit a fence, and Miller’s vehicle struck a utility pole. Miller was cited for failure to yield the right of way and expired registration.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:05 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, Pilot parking lot, Rochester. Driver: Bethyan S. Warner, 26, Mooresville. Hit deer.
- 4:26 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18, SR 17 and CR 550S, Kewanna. Drivers: William R. Saver, 64, Kewanna, and Jesus Pena, 34, Logansport. Debris came off one of the driver’s vehicle and struck the windshield of the other driver’s vehicle.
- 11:53 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18, Cedar Lane, Rochester. Driver: Steven A. Snyder, 53, Rochester. A truck and trailer were damaged after pulling off the road to avoid contact with an oncoming vehicle that didn’t get over.
- 7:44 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18, West Olson Road and CR 200W, Rochester. Driver: David S. Haseltine, 51, Kokomo. Hit a guardrail.
- 4:12 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18, SR 19 and CR 100N, Akron. Driver: Jill L. Ashkins, 32, Rochester. Vehicle went off the road into a ditch.
- 4:39 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 17, SR 25 and CR 375S, Rochester. Driver: Earnest W. Parker Jr., 56, Delong. Hit deer.