Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 6:53 a.m. Monday, Aug. 16, East Pierceton Road east of South CR 500E, Warsaw. Driver: Debra S. Van Houten, 47, East Jefferson Street, Columbia City. Van Houten was traveling westbound on East Pierceton Road, Warsaw, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5:43 p.m. Friday, Aug. 13, SR 15 north of Emeline Street, Milford. Drivers: Abigail L. Garber, 26, North Shaffer Street, Milford, and Ethan W. Wiard, 21, Baumeister Road, Burr Oak, Mich. Garber said she was traveling northbound on SR 15 in Milford when Wiard’s vehicle suddenly stopped and her vehicle hit it. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 9:46 p.m. Monday, Aug. 16, South Syracuse Webster Road and Railroad Avenue, Syracuse. Drivers: Unknown and Chole L. Salyer, 17, South Main Street, Milford. Salyer was traveling westbound on Railroad Avenue and stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of South Syracuse Webster Road, Syracuse. She said she had the right of way and continued westbound. She said another vehicle was traveling northbound on South Syracuse Webster Road approaching the intersection of Railroad Avenue. She said the unknown vehicle disregarded the stop sign and continued northbound into the intersection. She said she was in the middle of the intersection and couldn’t stop. Her vehicle was hit by the other vehicle, a motorcycle. The driver asked her not to call the police, said he had to go and left the scene. A witness in another vehicle corroborated Salyer’s story. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 11:50 a.m. Monday, Aug. 16, South Huntington Street east of East Palm Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Cathleen Shipley, 71, EMS T18 Lane, Leesburg, and Joan Knecht, 69, East Lake View Road, Syracuse. Shipley said she stopped at the stop sign going south on Huntington Street’s side road, Syracuse. When Shipley started moving through the intersection, her vehicle was hit by Knecht’s. Damage: Under $750.
- 3 a.m. Friday, Aug. 13, 510 S. Harkless Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Tyler E. Campbell, 25, South Harkless Drive, Syracuse. Campbell was backing out of a parking spot when his vehicle hit a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 2:50 p.m. Monday, Aug. 16, West US 30 east of North CR 200W, Warsaw. Drivers: Steven M. Anderson, 55, Broadwater Drive, Chesapeake, Va., and Diane S. Teeple, 66, East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Anderson was traveling eastbound on West US 30 just east of the North CR 200W intersection, Warsaw. He said he was driving in the right lane as Teeple passed him on the left. As Teeple passed him, his vehicle drifted out of his lane and hit Teeple’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:22 p.m. Monday, Aug. 16, 2301 E. Center St., Warsaw. Driver: Coby M. Martin, 20, South Columbia Street, Warsaw. Martin was backing up in the south direction of the parking lot when he hit a parked vehicle. He said he didn’t see the vehicle. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 11:42 a.m. Monday, Aug. 16, 41 Orchard Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Bob M. Brown, 85, Orchard Drive, Warsaw. Brown was pulling into a parking spot next to a parked vehicle. He said the other vehicle was parked too close to the line and he turned too wide and hit it with his vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:37 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 15, East Winona Avenue and North Bay Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Jessica V. Jimenez, 20, West CR 400N, Warsaw, and David H. Lindquist, 17, South Old Ditch Road, Warsaw. Jimenez’s vehicle hit Lindquist’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:35 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 15, East Sheridan Street east of North Harrison Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Susan E. Creamer, 73, East Arthur Street, Warsaw, and Tina L. Flanigan, 50, North Main Street, Avilla. Creamer said she was at the stop sign of East Sheridan Street and North Harrison Street, Warsaw. She said Flanigan’s vehicle was traveling north on North Harrison Street, turning left onto East Sheridan Street. She thought Flanigan’s vehicle was out of her way enough to turn. She pulled out and hit Flanigan’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:32 p.m. Friday, Aug. 13, West SR 25 and South Lake Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Steven Valle-Lara, 20, Donna Street, Leesburg, and Hazel Schultz, 51, North CR 500E, Rochester. Valle-Lara said he was stopped at the stop sign on the private property in the parking lot of 500 S. Buffalo St., Warsaw, preparing to cross West Winona Avenue to travel northbound on South Lake Street. He said there was a school bus partially blocking his view from westbound traffic on West Winona Avenue. He believed traffic was clear, so he started crossing West Winona Avenue. He didn’t see Schultz’s vehicle, and it hit his. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 2:34 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, SR 119 and CR 17, Goshen. Drivers: Angel Mendoza, 24, Ligonier, and Michael M. Goodwin, 57, Goshen. Injured: Goodwin complained of arm and leg pain. Stephanie Goodwin, 56, Goshen, complained of neck and head pain. Both were taken to Elkhart General for treatment. Mendoza disregarded the traffic signal at CR 17 and SR 119 hitting the Goodwin vehicle, which was eastbound on SR 199. Mendoza, who was treated at the scene for unknown injuries, was cited for disregarding a traffic signal.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:39 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 17, SR 25 and CR 375S, Rochester. Driver: Ernest W. Parker Jr., 56, Delong. Hit deer.
- 7:57 a.m. Monday, Aug. 16, CR 100, Rochester. Drivers: Skyler R. Broyles, 29, Marion, and Camellia S. Elliott, 23, Winamac. Broyles’ vehicle struck Elliott’s vehicle.
- 9:44 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, Pilot, Rochester. Drivers: Victoria L. Stevenson, 19, Corbin, Ky., and Travis J. Nicklaus, 33, Denver. No further information.