Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff”s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 11:55 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, SR 13, south of East CR 300N, Pierceton. Driver: Loren H. Hershberger, 63, East CR 1000N, Syracuse. Hershberger’s vehicle struck an animal in the road. Damage up to $5,000.
- 10:41 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, SR 25, Mentone. Driver: David P. Erklin, 55, Partridge Drive, Mentone. Erklin said he swerved to avoid striking a deer that entered the roadway. His vehicle went off the road and struck multiple small trees. Erklin complained of back pain and had lacerations to his left arm. He was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for further medical treatment and a blood draw. Damage up to $25,000.
- 4:55 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, North CR 800W, north of West CR 400N, Warsaw. Drivers: Larry L. Schwartz, 17, East CR 1500N, Akron; and McKenzi Birkey, 24, North CR 800W, Warsaw. Schwartz’s vehicle struck Birkey’s vehicle as Schwartz was attempting to pass. Damage up to $25,000.
- 5:52 p.m. Friday, Aug. 13, North CR 100E, south of River Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Savanah L. Tucker, 21, SR 15, Warsaw; and Brady R. Wickersham, 23, Iriquois Drive, Syracuse. Tucker’s vehicle rear-ended Wickersham’s vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:33 p.m. Friday, Aug. 13, North CR 300E, Warsaw. Drivers: Dennis K. Wilson, 43, Columbia Street, Pierceton; and Mary R. Scott, 27, Orchard Drive, Warsaw. Wilson’s vehicle rear-ended Scott’s vehicle. Both drivers were checked by Lutheran EMS personnel at the scene and medically cleared. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Pierceton Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5:05 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 12, US 30, east of SR 13, Pierceton. Drivers: Aaron M. Potts, 19, Etna Road, Columbia City; and Ryan M. Vardaman, 46, Wayne Street, South Whitley. Potts’ vehicle rear-ended Vardaman’s vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:40 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 11, SR 14, Silver Lake. Drivers: Gerald Niederholtmeyer, 51, Warfield Avenue, Fort Wayne; Jared Hill, 31, North CR 250W, Albion; and Dale Stambaugh, 75, SR 14, Silver Lake. Niederholtmeyer said he came up over a hill and saw two vehicles in the road. In an attempt to avoid striking those vehicles, he went off the roadway, but his vehicle struck a tree and then struck the front of Stambaugh’s vehicle. Stambaugh said he was making a turn into a driveway and his vehicle was struck by Neiderholtmeyer’s vehicle. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 2:55 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, Indiana Street and East Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Juan F. Jimenez, 41, Indiana Street, Warsaw; and Laurie D. Rogers, 59, Park Avenue, Winona Lake. The vehicles collided at the intersection. Damage up to $25,000.
- 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, Argonne Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Chelsea S. McIntire, 29, Merry Estates Drive, Silver Lake; and Shane F. Dawson, 39, Thorn Road, Walkerton. The vehicles collided in a parking lot. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:03 p.m. Friday, Aug. 13, Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Christy L. Grogg, 60, Ford Drive, Rochester; and Jane A. Brown, 61, White Pine Road, Warsaw. Grogg’s vehicle struck Brown’s vehicle as Grogg was backing out of a parking space. Damage up to $5,000.