WARSAW — Nationwide, there continues to be a shortage of available blood and blood products, partially due to a reluctance to donate during the COVID-19 pandemic and its variants.
Blood is being used faster than it is being donated, which creates a tremendous problem for those in need of medical procedures requiring blood products, according to a news released from the American Red Cross.
For those reasons, the Red Cross has scheduled the following blood drives for August and September in Kosciusko County.
- Aug. 23 – Noon – 6 p.m. at the Center Lake Pavilion, Warsaw
- Aug. 26 – Noon – 5:30 p.m. Grace College, Winona Lake
- Sept. 3 – Noon – 6 p.m. at Park and Rec Center, Ligonier
- Sept. 9 – Noon – 6 p.m. at Calvary United Methodist Church, Syracuse
- Sept. 10 – 1 – 6:30 p.m. at Mentone United Methodist Church, Mentone
- Sept. 14 – 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Center Lake Pavilion, Warsaw
- Sept. 17 – 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Kosciusko Community Hospital, Warsaw
- Sept. 28 – 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Colliers Heating and Cooling, 2315 N. Shelby Dr., Warsaw