Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 7:21 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, Crooked Mile Road, Syracuse. A vehicle went off the road and into a grove of trees. Occupants of the vehicle left the scene and have not contacted KCSO regarding the accident. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 9:07 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, Lake Street, Warsaw. Driver: Deborah K. Belcher, 58, North CR 175E, Warsaw. Belcher’s vehicle struck a pole in the Penguin Point parking lot. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:44 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, US 30 and Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Miriam D. Lewis, 59, 289th Street, Myakka City, Fla; and Todd J. Willingham, 60, Lincolnway East, Mishawaka. Lewis’ vehicle struck Willingham’s vehicle as Lewis was attempting to merge into the right lane. Damage up to $2,500.
- 3:18 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Trenton F. Hairrell, 27, Crete Drive, Warsaw; and Rafael M. Contreras, 44, Johnson Street, Warsaw. Hairrell’s vehicle rear-ended Contreras’ vehicle. Damage up to $25,000.
- 2:17 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, Center Street, south of Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Drivers: Mark J. Bowman, 56, Cambridge Drive, Warsaw; and Jay E. Shively, 83, Freedom Parkway, Winona Lake. The vehicles collided as Bowman was attempting to change lanes, Damage up to $2,500.
- 2:09 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, US 30, west of Meijer Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Bonita J. Nellans, 72, Wellington Drive, Warsaw; and Magothy M. Shipley, 40, Davilla Court, Warsaw. Nellans’ vehicle rear-ended Shipley’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:24 p.m. Friday, Aug. 6, Lake City Highway,Warsaw. Drivers: Tamila M. Plastow, 52, Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw; and Mauricio Medellin, 20, East CR 200N, Warsaw. The vehicles collided on the access road near Meijer. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 2:53 p.m. SR 15 north of US 6, north of Milford. Drivers: Glen Farmwald, 27, Nappanee; Jesse Henry, 28, Nappanee; and Kathleen Ginter, 75, Warsaw. Henry complained of pain to the face and was taken to Goshen General Hospital. Henry and Ginter had stopped their vehicle in traffic when Farmwald’s vehicle struck the back of Henry’s vehicle that was then pushed into the Ginter vehicle. Farmwald was cited for distracted driving.