Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:31 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, South SR 15, north of West CR 700S, Warsaw. Driver: Stephen L. Honeycutt, 52, West 4th Street, North Manchester. Honeycutt was traveling north on SR 15 when his vehicle hydroplaned and left the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:59 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, North SR 13, north of East South Barbee Drive, North Webster. Driver: Douglas J. Sims, 46, South CR 700E, Pierceton. Sims was traveling north on SR 13 when his vehicle hydroplaned and hit a guardrail. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:27 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10, West CR 1350N, near North CR 600W, Nappanee. Driver: Lucas N. Mechling, 20, East Market Street, Nappanee. Mechling was traveling east on West CR 1350N when his vehicle left the south side of the roadway. As he attempted to get his vehicle back on the roadway, Mechling overcorrected his vehicle, causing his vehicle to leave the north side of the roadway and hit trees and landscaping rocks. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
- 4:55 a.m. Friday, Aug. 6, West CR 1350N, near North CR 700W, Nappanee. Drivers: Timothy C. McCreary, 35, North Nash Drive, Syracuse; and Erick C. Hernandez, 21, Sharon Street, Winona Lake. McCreary was traveling west on West CR 1350N when a vehicle entered his lane of travel. To avoid hitting the vehicle, McCreary swerved his vehicle left and hit Hernandez’s vehicle, which was stopped to turn left. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5:58 a.m. Friday, Aug. 6, North SR 13, north of North Southshore Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Noah Dubea, 16, Holiday Lane, Cromwell. Dubea was traveling south on SR 13 when his vehicle left the roadway and entered the front yard of 10801 Southshore Drive, Syracuse. Damage up to $5,000.