Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:46 a.m. Monday, Aug. 9, SR 25, Warsaw. Driver: Brennen R. Adams, 27, Mill Street, Mentone. Adams swerved to avoid striking a deer. His vehicle went off the road and struck a fence. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:34 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 5, West CR 250S, Warsaw. Driver: Soriano Cupertino, 46, West CR 250S, Warsaw. Cupertino’s vehicle sideswiped a parked vehicle and continued on to his residence. Contact was made with Cupertino and he was transported for a certified blood draw. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:57 p.m. Monday, Aug. 9, SR 15 and East Main Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Aswin S. Krishnan, 25, Collins Drive, Warsaw; and Stephen L. Yeazel, 71, Wexford Place, Warsaw. The vehicles collided at the intersection. Yeazel was unconscious at the scene following the collision. Multiple witnesses at the scene told police that Krishnan entered the intersection approximately six seconds after his traffic signal turned red. Krishnan was cited for disregarding a traffic signal. Yeazel was airlifted to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne due to his injuries. Damage up to $50,000.
- 5:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 9, Main Street, Warsaw. A parked, unoccupied vehicle was hit. The driver of the other vehicle left the scene. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:09 a.m. Monday, Aug. 9, SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Stella M. Leiter, 84, Walnut Street, Claypool; and Andrea H. Wagner, 44, Godman Street, Warsaw. As Leiter was pulling out of a parking lot on Detroit Street, her vehicle struck Wagner’s vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.