Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 11:38 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 5, East Old Road 30 and South CR 900E, Pierceton. Driver: Tina R. Hall, 52, East CR 800S, Claypool. Hall was traveling eastbound on East Old Road 30 at the intersection of North CR 900E, Pierceton, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 8:21 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 5, North SR 13 south of North Southshore Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Jaxon S. Brown, 16, East Fox Run Drive, Syracuse. Brown was traveling northbound on North SR 13 near North Southshore Drive, Warsaw. He said he stayed up late the night before and thinks he fell asleep while driving. His vehicle left the roadway to the west and hit a utility pole. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 9:11 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, South SR 15 north of West CR 300S, Warsaw. Driver: Kyle A. Schnackenberg, 16, West CR 800S, Claypool. Schnackenberg was traveling southbound on SR 15 north of CR 300S, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 4:09 p.m. Friday, July 30, East CR 1050N south of North CR 1000E, Syracuse. Driver: Gregory S. Lee, 43, West Vacation Way, Albion. Lee was traveling northbound on CR 1000E, Syracuse, when a deer ran into his vehicle. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:17 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 5, North Higbee Street south of West Syracuse Street, Milford. Drivers: Jessica A. Achberger, 45, West Vistula Street, Bristol, and Eric R. Rockefeller, 34, West Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Achberger’s and Rockefeller’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 3:48 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 4, SR 15, north of West CR 1350N, Milford. Drivers: Joshua A. Kauffman, 30, Cottage Avenue, Goshen, and Richard W. Shery, 38, Zims Court, Milford. Kauffman’s vehicle rear-ended Shery’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:47 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 5, South Indiana Street and East Market Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Kay M. Beam, 80, South Maple Avenue, Warsaw, and Preslie M. Walters, 21, East Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Beam was traveling westbound on East Market Street near the South Indiana Avenue intersection, Warsaw. She said the traffic signal turned red and then she entered the intersection. She said she wasn’t paying attention and disregarded the signal. Walters’ vehicle hit hers. Beam later said she went to the hospital to be checked out. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 9:45 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 5, US 30, west of Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Robert J. Pletcher, 53, Birch Road, Bourbon, and Ruby Stephens, 76, East CR 700S, Pierceton. Pletcher’s vehicle struck Stephens’ vehicle as Pletcher was attempting to change lanes. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 5:38 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, 900 S. Buffalo St., Warsaw. Driver: Khale C. Coppernoll, 19, Shields Avenue, Peru. Coppernoll was traveling northbound on Fisher Avenue, Warsaw. He said he must have fallen asleep and drove off the roadway. He drove through a sign, ripping it off the ground. His vehicle continued northbound and sideswiped a parked vehicle and then drove through two more signs, ripping them out of the ground. Damage: Up to $10,000.