LARWILL – Whitko Community Schools announced back-to-school plans including how the school will address COVID-19.
Whitko Junior-Senior High School’s Back to School night is 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 10.
Students and families can visit classrooms and lockers and meet with teachers and staff. Information packets will be available for students. Everyone enrolled at the academy is invited to visit after a stop at the high school.
Pierceton and South Whitley elementary schools’ staff members will host their back-to-school night from 5-6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 11. Families are invited to attend with their students to bring in school supplies, visit their classrooms and meet with teachers.
The following COVID-19 protocols will be observed at the start of the school year unless state or federal mandates change:
- Face masks are optional for students and staff during the school day.
- Masks are required on the buses.
- Water bottle fill stations will be available to students.
- Enhanced sanitation protocols remain in effect.
- Social distancing is set for 3 feet between individuals.
The first day of school is Thursday, Aug. 12.