Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:18 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, Fort Wayne Street, west of North Detroit Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Pardee A. Gunter, 74, Church Street, Leesburg; and Shannon L. Dirck, 55, Old Port Road, Warsaw. Gunter pulled out of McDonald’s parking lot into the path of Dirck’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:54 p.m. Saturday, July 31, CR 17 and CR 45. Drivers: Julio Velazquez Panama, 37, Ligonier; and Robert kanaley, 61, Elkhart. Injured: Panama complained of chest pain. Injured passengers: Magali Floriano-Carraseo, 39, Ligonier, complained of chest pain; Nataly Vaca Floriano, 15, Ligonier, complained of chest and face pain; Nurit Vaca Floriano 14, Ligonier, complained of chest pain; Nathum Vaca Floriano, 6, Ligonier, complained of stomach pain; Nicolas Velazquez Floriano, 5 months old, Ligonier, suffered a broken femur. Panama, who was speeding, failed to stop at the stoplight at CR 45 and hit the Kanaley vehicle in the driver’s side. Panama was cited for operating a vehicle while intoxicated resulting in serious bodily injury, never receiving a license, speeding, and operating a vehicle with an unrestrained child under 8 years old.
- 6:15 p.m. Saturday, July 31, SR 15 and CR 20. Drivers: Noel Sparks, 49, Milford; and Bobby Burchett, 64, Warsaw. Sparks complained of pain to the right leg. Burchett sustained a dislocated hip, road rash and minor scrapes. A passenger on Burchett’s motorcycle, Carol Burchett, 60, Warsaw, suffered a broken left hip, scrapes to the arm and hand, road rash and complained of pain to the neck. Sparks refused treatment at the scene. The Burchetts were transported to Elkhart General Hospital. Sparks had stopped at the intersection of SR 15 with CR 20 and proceeded through the intersection. Burchett was southbound on a 1991 Honda and drove on the passenger side of a stopped vehicle waiting to turn. Sparks drove his vehicle in front of the motorcycle. The Burchetts were ejected from the motorcycle. Sparks was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:14 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 1, CR 600N and CR 600W, Rochester. Driver: Blake Tolson, age and address unavailable. Hit deer.
- 11:32 a.m. Thursday, July 29, SR 14, Akron. Driver: Harley Manns, age and address unavailable. Hit a raccoon.