Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:44 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, East CR 1050N, west of North CR 350E, Syracuse. Driver: Brandy J. Van Scoik, 29, Michigan Road, Argos. Van Scoik was traveling east on East CR 1050N when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:46 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2, East CR 100N, west of North CR 225E, Warsaw. Driver: Daniel R. Poort, 17, Chapman Lake Drive, Warsaw. Poort was traveling west on East CR 100N when his vehicle left the roadway and overturned. Poort complained of right wrist and left knee pain. He refused treatment at the scene. Damage up to $10,000.
- 8:05 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2, North SR 13, south of East CR 500N, Leesburg. Drivers: Molly R. Sopher, 28, East CR 100N, Rochester; and Terry R. Elliot, 58, North Cranbrook Road, North Webster. Sopher was traveling south on South SR 13 when she rear-ended Elliot’s vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
- 2:55 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2, West CR 400N, north of North CR 200W, Warsaw. Drivers: Jonathan L. Bergman, 33, South Nellie Boulevard, Claypool; and Lyle W. Lakey, 77, North CR 150W, Warsaw. Bergman was traveling east on West CR 400N when he turned to travel north on North CR 200W. As he attempted to turn, Bergman’s vehicle hit the trailer on Lakey’s vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:44 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 1, SR 13, south of Mile Marker 102, North Webster. Drivers: Larry L. Shock, 76, East South Street, North Webster; and John M. McDaniel, 52, EMS B72 Lane, Warsaw. Shock was waiting to turn onto SR 13. He thought the roadway was clear and started to pull out when his vehicle hit McDaniel’s. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2, East US 30, east of Springhill Road, Warsaw. Drivers: unknown; and Tobias T. Vanhouten, 51, West Division Road 92, Pierceton. Vanhouten was traveling east on East US 30 when an unknown driver entered his lane of travel without using a turn signal. The unknown driver hit Vanhouten’s vehicle and left the scene. Damage up to $1,000.
- 2:28 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2, Husky Trail, north of North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Gloria C. Shipley, 89, North Brandywine Lane, Leesburg; and John W. Ebersole, 77, North Timberline Circle, Warsaw. Shipley was turning left out of a business entrance when her vehicle sideswiped Ebersole’s. Damage up to $2,500.
- 12:53 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2, West Prairie Street and South Columbia Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Laila R. Gillard, 26, East Clark Street, Warsaw; and Wesley R. Gearhart, 54, Boydston Street, Warsaw. Gillard was traveling north on South Columbia Street and was stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of South Columbia Street and West Prairie Street. She proceeded north through the intersection and did not see Gearhart’s westbound vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 8:11 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 1, 410 Parker St., Warsaw. Driver: Catherine S. Krejca, 66, Red Maple Lane, Aurora, Ill. A Warsaw Police officer observed Krejca’s vehicle traveling north on Parker Street. She crossed into the south lane of travel, nearly hitting his vehicle. She attempted to correct her steering and returned to her correct lane. However, she overcorrected and jumped the curve, striking a mailbox. She continued northbound without stopping. Krejca later didn’t remember hitting the mailbox. Damage up to $2,500.