MILFORD — Now is your chance to check out a book buddy kit from the children’s department. Few people may know that the library offers tote-sized kits that you can take home with you for a week.
The library has a total of 26 kits available Monday, Aug. 2, and they range from storytelling with props to a bakery/deli kit. Children learn best through play and the kits are filled with educational and sensory objects which encourage learning through activity.
The kits contain a list of contents, explain the benefits and what the children learn, and ways to use the kits. Take a look at the binder at the children’s circulation desk to choose a kit for yourself. Ask the clerk if binder isn’t on counter. These are the steps to checking out a Book Buddy kit:
- Choose kit
- Clerk will retrieve and check out to you
- One week borrow time
- Return to circulation desk for check in
- Clerk confirms all pieces are in kit and seals it
- Kit now ready for the next patron
List of Buddy Book Kits
- Bakery/Deli Kit
- Block Builder Kit
- Brown Bear Storytelling Kit
- Camping by the Seashore Kit
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Storytelling Kit
- Children with Special Needs Kit
- Construction Workers Kit
- Dinosaurs Kit
- Go Away Big Green Monster Storytelling Kit
- If You Take a Mouse to School Storytelling Kit
- The Jacket I Wear in The Snow Storytelling Kit
- Magnets Kit
- Math and Science Kit
- Music Kit
- Quick as A Cricket Storytelling Kit
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly Storytelling Kit
- This Old Man Storytelling Kit
- Tops and Bottoms Storytelling Kit
- Transportation Kit
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Storytelling Kit
- Wooden Train Set
- Neighborhood Kit
- Let’s Get Dressed Kit
- Big Blocks Kit
- Discovery Kit – Animal Body Coverings
- Imagination and Stories Kit
Coming Up At The Library
In August, Knitting Club meets at 1:30 p.m. on the first and third Thursday, Aug. 5 and Aug. 19 in the Teen Area. No library card is required and attendance is open to the public. All ages and experience levels are welcome. Bring your needles and yarn and join the fun.
In September, the library starts a new Lego Crew session. Lego crew runs from September through May and is for any children 18 and under with a passion for building with Legos. Each month the crew is challenged to build a project. The library staff votes on a winner and the crew member wins a new Lego kit. Join the staff for one month or the entire session. All children within age limits are encouraged to participate. No library card is needed.
Fall Story Time session starts Sept. 29 and will run for eight weeks. Each week explore a new fun theme, read stories, make a craft, and have a special snack. Story Time is for ages 3-6 and lasts about 45 minutes. Join story time via Zoom at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Register your child(ren) at the children’s circulation desk to receive the Zoom link. Free craft packets are available for pick up in the children’s department, new packets every Monday. No library card needed to participate.