Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:49 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 1, North CR 175E south of EMS C24 Lane, Warsaw. Driver: Lucas Anael, 31, North CR 175E, Warsaw. Anael was traveling northbound on North CR 175E, Warsaw, entering the curves. His vehicle left the right side of the roadway and hit a sign. It continued off the roadway. Anael complained of facial pain and had a minor laceration on his face. He was taken to the hospital. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 4:26 a.m. Saturday, July 31, East Old Road 30 east of East Old Trail, Pierceton. Driver: Dyllan A. Kessler, 21, North CR 250W, Columbia City. Kessler was traveling westbound on East Old Road 30, Pierceton. Her vehicle crossed over into the opposite lane of travel and into the shoulder. She lost control of the vehicle and it traveled off the roadway and overturned. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 10:59 p.m. Friday, July 30, 7245 N. Kalorama Road, Leesburg. Driver: Jessica L. Espinoza, 25, Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Espinoza was backing out of a parking lot. She failed to see a parked vehicle and hit it with hers. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 10:18 p.m. Friday, July 30, South SR 25 south of West CR 200S, Warsaw. Driver: Randall A. Meyer, 17, North Shagbark Drive, Warsaw. Meyer was traveling northbound on SR 25 entering a curvy area. His vehicle left the roadway and hit an embankment. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:34 p.m. Friday, July 30, South CR 700W north of West CR 500S, Burket. Driver: Amy J. Weist, 46, West Finch Road, Claypool. Weist was traveling southbound on South CR 700W, Burket, when her vehicle collided with a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:10 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 1, North SR 15 north of West Van Buren Street, Leesburg. Drivers: Judy M. Leverett, 71, North CR 250E, Warsaw, and Ivan Rico-Giron, 17, North SR 15, Leesburg. Leverett was attempting to pull out of the parking lot at the Marathon gas station at 100 N. Main St., Leesburg. She said she looked and didn’t see any vehicles coming. She started to pull out onto SR 15 going southbound and failed to yield to Rico-Giron’s vehicle, which was southbound on SR 15. Rico-Giron said he honked his horn, but Leverett continued to pull out in front of him. He applied his brakes, but his vehicle hit Leverett’s. A passenger in Leverett’s vehicle complained of chest pain and was treated at the scene and released. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:21 p.m. Friday, July 30, West SR 14 east of South CR 450W, Silver Lake. Driver: Peter J. Cabrera, 60, East SR 114, Akron. Cabrera was traveling eastbound on SR 14 and had just passed CR 450W, Silver Lake, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 7:59 a.m. Monday, Aug. 2, Buffalo Street and Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Cody A. Walker, 21, North CR 500E, Syracuse, and Dana W. Hewitt, 52, North CR 950W, Pierceton. Walker’s and Hewitt’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 6:41 p.m. Friday, July 30, 225 E. Fort Wayne St., Warsaw. Driver: Alex R. Clay, 24, East CR 225S, Warsaw. Clay was trying to find a parking space in the northwest lot. He was preparing to leave the parking lot when another vehicle entered the lot, blocking him from leaving. He put his vehicle in reverse and backed into a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:34 p.m. Friday, July 30, East US 30 and Springhill Road, Warsaw. Drivers: David M. Truex, 17, Lincolnway East, Plymouth, and Laurie A. Pierog, 57, North Highland Lane, Leesburg. Truex was traveling westbound on East US 30 near the intersection of Springhill Road, Warsaw. He said the light at the intersection was yellow, but he believed his vehicle would not be able to slow in time. He said the light turned red while he was in the intersection. Pierog’s vehicle pulled into the intersection from Springhill Road and turned left to begin traveling westbound on East US 30. Truex attempted to slow and swerve to avoid a collision, but his vehicle hit Pierog’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:56 p.m. Friday, July 30, East US 30 and North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Billy P. Caudill, 74, East Van Ness Road, Pierceton, and Scott M. Gamble, 26, Ridgewood Drive, Goshen. Caudill’s and Gamble’s vehicles collided. Caudill complained of chest pain. He was lethargic. He was taken to the hospital and a medic advised he was having issues with his blood sugar. Gamble complained of side pain and was checked out by a medic. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 9:13 a.m. Friday, July 30, 308 E. Prairie St., Warsaw. Driver: Timothy A. Holloway, 54, West Myrtle Road, Silver Lake. Holloway was backing up in the parking lot and didn’t see another vehicle parked behind him. He continued to back up and hit the other vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 2:10 p.m. Wednesday, July 28, Center Street north of Court Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Roy G. Guenin, 89, Scofield Drive, Cordova, Tenn., Taylor M. Patrick, 22, East Center Street, Burket, Peter Goodwin, 73, Daniels Lane, Burlington, Ky., and Jared B. Nutt, 31, North Bass Road, Silver Lake. Guenin was traveling eastbound on Center Street, Warsaw. He briefly looked down. When he looked back up, traffic had stopped. He couldn’t stop in time and rear-ended Patrick’s vehicle, which caused her vehicle to rear-end Goodwin’s vehicle, which caused his vehicle to rear-end Nutt’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $50,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:15 p.m. Thursday, July 29, US 30 and Springhill Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Abigail G. Miller, 19, Widaman Street, Winona Lake, and Blaine J. Dornick, 18, North Elm Street, Columbia City. Miller said she saw the light turn yellow and thought Dornick’s vehicle was continuing. By the time she realized his vehicle was stopping, she couldn’t stop in time. Damage: Up to $25,000.