Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:33 p.m. Thursday, July 29, West CR 400N, west of North CR 400W, Warsaw. Driver: Jo Anna A. McCoy, 20, West CR 575N, Etna Green. McCoy was traveling west on CR 400N when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:35 p.m. Thursday, July 29, South CR 200W, north of West CR 800S, Claypool. Driver: Kyle A. Schnackenberg, 16, West CR 800S, Claypool. Schnackenberg was traveling south on South CR 200W when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:04 p.m. Thursday, July 29, East CR 1000S, east of South CR 400E, Claypool. Driver: unknown. An unknown driver was traveling east on East CR 1000S when it left the roadway and hit a utility pole. The driver of the vehicle left the scene. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $50,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:37 p.m. Thursday, July 29, US 30, west of East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Aric J. Shafer, 23, North Broadway Street, Mentone; Dana L. Shaum, 31, West CR 1350N, Milford; and Ramon J. Salazar LV, 35, West CR 100N, Warsaw. Shafer was traveling west on US 30 when he rear-ended Shaum’s vehicle. This caused Shaum’s vehicle to jackknife and rear-end Salazar LV’s vehicle. A passenger in Shafer’s vehicle, Jed L. Snow, 38, Etna Green, was taken to Parkview Hospital for an upper lip injury. Damage over $100,000.
- 1:19 p.m. Thursday, July 29, Eastlake Drive, near East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Carole S. Delp, 79, South Freedom Parkway, Winona Lake; and Carrie L. McGuire, 46, South CR 100E 57, Churubusco. Delp was traveling north on Eastlake Drive when she rear-ended McGuire’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:17 p.m. Thursday, July 29, East CR 200N, south of US 30, Warsaw. Driver: Macarmen Jimenez-Alonzo, 45, West Jefferson Street, Warsaw. Jimenez-Alonzo was traveling northeast on East CR 200N when her vehicle left the roadway. She told officers she was bitten by an insect on her right leg, resulting in the accident. Medics on scene believed Jimenez-Alonzo was having an allergic reaction to the bite. She was taken to Parkview Hospital for medical treatment. Damage up to $5,000.