Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 2:47 a.m. Thursday, July 29, East Pierceton Road east of South CR 400E, Warsaw. Driver: Timothy C. Gensch, 22, South Washington Street, Pierceton. Gensch was traveling eastbound on Pierceton Road, east of CR 400E, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 2:35 a.m. Thursday, July 29, South County Farm Road north of East CR 600S, Claypool. Driver: Michael R. Kern, 33, East Lushfield Drive, Tucson, Ariz. Kern was traveling southbound on South County Farm Road, Claypool, when a deer entered the roadway. He swerved to avoid the deer. That caused his vehicle to leave the roadway and enter a ditch. It also hit a pole. Kern received medical attention on scene. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 3:54 p.m. Wednesday, July 28, East Armstrong Road east of North CR 200E, Leesburg. Driver: Tammy M. Akers, 42, East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Akers was traveling westbound on Armstrong Road in the area of CR 200E, Leesburg. She said two vehicles approached her from the rear at a high rate of speed. One vehicle passed her and she moved over to the right to allow it to pass. Her vehicle dropped off the edge of the roadway. She overcorrected and her vehicle drove off the left side of the roadway. The vehicle went into a ditch and then a field. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 28, 291 EMS T25 Lane, Leesburg. Driver: Joseph W. Frieden, 27, South SR 115, Wabash. Frieden was backing up his vehicle. He was unable to see a parked vehicle clearly in his mirrors and hit the other vehicle with his. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:38 p.m. Wednesday, July 28, West SR 25 west of South CR 700W, Burket. Drivers: Taylor J. Smith, 23, Newberry Lane, Westfield, and Heather L. Starr, 40, Frazier Street, Warsaw. Smith was traveling westbound on SR 25 and was slowing his vehicle to turn southbound onto CR 700W, Burket. He failed to yield the right of way to Starr’s vehicle and turned in front of it. That caused Starr’s vehicle to hit his. Starr was transported to a hospital after complaining of head pain. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:46 p.m. Wednesday, July 28, Silveus Crossing north of Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Drivers: John S. Stull, 81, North CR 520W, Warsaw, and Philip R. Beer, 63, East CR 400N, Craigville. Stull was traveling eastbound on Lake City Highway, Warsaw. As he approached the intersection of Lake City Highway and Silveus Crossing, he entered the left turn lane. He said the traffic signal for the left turn lane was flashing yellow, indicating it was OK to turn if the opposite side of traffic was clear. He proceeded to turn and hit Beer’s motorcycle. Stull said he never saw Beer’s motorcycle traveling westbound. Beer was transported to the hospital with multiple injuries. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 3:08 p.m. Wednesday, July 28, North CR 350W south of West CR 200N, Warsaw. Driver: Kole F. Adams, 26, Tecumseh Drive, Nappanee. Adams was traveling northbound on CR 350W, Warsaw. His vehicle veered off the roadway to the west side and went down an embankment, causing it to roll. The vehicle hit a pole and went into a field. Adams was checked out by medics and signed off at the scene. He was cited for operating with a suspended license. Damage: Up to $10,000.