Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:32 a.m. Wednesday, July 28, East CR 200N east of North CR 100E, Warsaw. Driver: Philip R. Cox, 18, East Epworth Forest Road, North Webster. Cox was traveling westbound on East CR 200N, Warsaw. He said he came over a hill and his vehicle collided with a deer. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, July 27, North CR 800W north of West CR 640N, Etna Green. Drivers: David P. Green, 28, West CR 100N, Warsaw, and Bruce A. Berkey, 67, North CR 950W, Nappanee. Green said he was traveling southbound on CR 800W north of CR 640N, Etna Green. When he looked up, Berkey’s vehicle was traveling very slowly due to a horse-drawn buggy that was a few vehicles in front of it. Green said he was unable to avoid hitting Berkey’s vehicle, so he drove partially into the ditch in attempt to lighten the damage to the vehicles. His vehicle hit Berkey’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:18 p.m. Monday, July 26, 502 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Drivers: Blakley M. Jones, 37, South Jefferson Street, Leesburg, and Daniel G. Crook, 64, Macy Lane, Fort Wayne. Jones said he was at the ATM and proceeded to back up his vehicle. He didn’t see Crook’s vehicle and backed into it. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 1:12 p.m. Tuesday, July 27, Detroit Street south of Market Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jeff Balsley, 54, Winslow Court, South Bend, and Michael L. Easterling, 17, South Stonebridge Road, Warsaw. Balsley said his vehicle rear-ended Easterling’s due to traffic being backed up and his not being able to stop in time. Easterling’s vehicle then hit another vehicle in front of it. Easterling said the driver of that vehicle looked at his vehicle and drove off because he didn’t have any damage. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:35 p.m. Monday, July 26, Wooster Road and South CR 250E, Winona Lake. Drivers: Matthew J. Harris, 59, West Overlook Drive, Marion, and Donna M. Gaskin, 42, East US 30, Pierceton. Harris was traveling southbound on East CR 250S, Winona Lake, and approaching the intersection of Wooster Road. He said he didn’t see the stop sign and proceeded into the intersection without stopping. His vehicle hit Gaskin’s. Gaskin complained of leg pain and had a small laceration on her leg. She was taken to the hospital for evaluation. Damage: Up to $10,000.