Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:30 a.m. Monday, July 26, North SR 15 and West CR 900N, Milford. Drivers: Dawson L. Stealy, 22, Riley Road, Lakeville, and Lourdes Rodriguez, 43, West Old Road 30, Warsaw. Stealy was traveling westbound on CR 900N, Milford. Rodriguez was traveling northbound on SR 15. Stealy disregarded the stop sign at the intersection of CR 900N and SR 15, and his vehicle hit Rodriguez’s. Rodriguez’s vehicle overturned. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 4:25 p.m. Sunday, July 25, South County Farm Road north of West CR 1050S, Silver Lake. Driver: Charles R. Zellers, 69, South CR 200W, Silver Lake. Zellers was traveling southbound on County Farm Road in the area of CR 1050S, Silver Lake. A vehicle in a northbound lane struck a deer, causing it to land in the southbound lane in front of Zellers’ vehicle, which hit it. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 4:25 p.m. Sunday, July 25, South County Farm Road north of West CR 1050S, Silver Lake. Driver: Josiah C. Callaway, 16, East CR 1200S, Silver Lake. Callaway was traveling northbound on County Farm Road in the area of CR 1050S, Silver Lake, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:36 p.m. Saturday, July 24, West CR 1350N north of North CR 950W, Nappanee. Drivers: Hayli T. White, 17, North Woodland Acres Drive, Syracuse, and Jarod H. Philhower, 22, South Meadow Street, Otterbein. White was stopped at the stop sign facing southbound at North CR 950W and West CR 1350N, Nappanee. She said she looked both directions, then entered the intersection. Philhower’s vehicle was traveling westbound on CR 1050N. Her vehicle entered the path of his, causing a collision. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 1:59 p.m. Saturday, July 24, East Main Street and South Jefferson Street, Silver Lake. Drivers: Tracey A. Boissoneau, 51, Hazelwood Street, Inkster, Mich., and Chelsea M. Walden, 31, North Elm Street, Silver Lake. Boissoneau was traveling northbound on Jefferson Street (SR 15) and stopped at the four-way intersection at Main Street (SR 14). Her vehicle was pulling a trailer. She said she began to turn right (east) onto Main Street when an oncoming vehicle didn’t slow down to give her room to turn the corner. She turned sharper than expected, and her trailer hit Walden’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:02 a.m. Friday, July 23, West CR 950S east of South CR 550W, Claypool. Driver: Amanda L. Sawyer, 30, South Main Street, Claypool. Sawyer was traveling eastbound on CR 950S in the area of CR 550W, Claypool, when she lost control of her vehicle and hit a fence post. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 7:50 p.m. Tuesday, July 20, North CR 300 E north of East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Driver: Delanea D. Cobb, 37, EMS T16 Lane, Leesburg. Cobb was traveling northbound on North CR 300E, Warsaw. She swerved to miss a deer in the roadway. She oversteered to the right, and her vehicle ran off the roadway and hit a mailbox. She oversteered to the left and lost complete control of her vehicle. It rolled over and entered the ditch. Cobb had scratches on her arm and complained of shoulder pain. Her family member took her to the hospital. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 2:54 p.m. Monday, July 19, West CR 600N, west of North SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Jacinto J. Gutierrez, 48, Main Street, Wauchula, Fla., and Benjamin A. Dunn, 58, Dowling Street, Kendallville. Gutierrez was traveling west on West CR 600N when he rear-ended Dunn’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 12:24 p.m. Monday, July 26, North Indiana Street north of East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jean A. Reed, 76, Red Squirrel Court, Warsaw, and Nathaniel J. Kintzel, 39, West CR 550N, Warsaw. Reed said she was traveling westbound on Fort Wayne Street in the straight through lane. As she approached the intersection, she wanted to turn left (south) onto Indiana Street. She began to make her left turn, and her vehicle hit Kintzel’s, which was in the center lane. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:40 p.m. Sunday, July 25, Country Club Road north of Country Club Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Hallie B. Chaffins, 28, South Country Club Road, Warsaw. Chaffins was traveling northbound on Country Club Road near the intersection of South Country Club Road and Country Club Drive, Warsaw, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 9:18 p.m. Sunday, July 25, 205 Church Hill Downs Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Georgia M. Lock, 81, Church Hill Downs Drive, Warsaw. Lock was pulling into a parking stall in the west direction. The sun was in her eyes, and her vehicle hit a parked vehicle next to it. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 12:02 a.m. Sunday, July 25, Alley north of 710 E. Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Driver: Jonathon W. Spalding, 23, East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Spalding said he had drank some alcohol. He said he was driving northbound in the alley that runs north and south on the east side of 710 E. Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw, when he believed a component on the vehicle broke and the vehicle ran off the roadway and hit a tree. Spalding was arrested for operating while intoxicated and operating without ever attaining a license. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 1:14 p.m. Saturday, July 24, North SR 15 and West CR 350N, Warsaw. Drivers: April Ware, 46, East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw, and Darlene K. DeTurk, 72, East CR 350N, Warsaw. Ware was traveling southbound on North SR 15 north of the intersection of West CR 350N, Warsaw. She said she looked away from the traffic signal and saw it had turned red when she looked back. She said she couldn’t stop in time and her vehicle went through the intersection. She saw DeTurk’s vehicle entering the intersection from West CR 350N and swerved to try to avoid her vehicle. Ware’s vehicle hit DeTurk’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 7:50 p.m. Friday, July 23, 2924 Frontage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: William G. Henthorn, 91, Camelot Drive, Winona Lake, and William A. Penrod, 24, South Walkers Ridge, Warsaw. Henthorn said he was driving his vehicle in the parking lot of Taco Bell. He said he tried to stop his vehicle, but that instead of hitting the brake, he hit the accelerator. He tried to avoid Penrod’s vehicle, but his vehicle hit Penrod’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:17 p.m. Friday, July 23, US 30 east of East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Katie L. Hernandez, 35, Shannon Drive, Fort Wayne, Dinesh K. Rajan, 28, Briar Ridge Circle, Warsaw, and Jessica S. Burch, 26, Shorewood Court, Columbia City. Hernandez said she was traveling westbound on US 30 approaching the intersection of East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Her vehicle hit the back of Rajan’s vehicle, which was stopped for a red light. That caused his vehicle to hit the back of Burch’s, which was also stopped for a red light. Hernandez wasn’t sure why her vehicle hit Rajan’s. She wasn’t sure if she looked away, blinked or dozed off briefly. She said she hadn’t slept much and was tired due to taking care of her children. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 12:03 p.m. Friday, July 23, 852 N. Parker St., Warsaw. Driver: Steven A. Savage, 60, South CR 250E, Warsaw. Savage was turning into a parking space when he hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 11:06 a.m. Friday, July 23, East US 30 east of Springhill Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Sarah L. Flenar, 71, John Street, Fort Recovery, Ohio, and Hunter D. Keeling, 27, Stanton Road, North Liberty. Flenar said she was westbound on East US 30, Warsaw. She said she was using her GPS to direct her back toward North Parker Street, a turn she missed earlier. She said she needed to turn her vehicle around and was westbound coming up on the turn lane on East US 30 to turn onto Springhill Road. She said she checked her mirrors and didn’t see Keeling’s vehicle in the inside left turn lane as she was in the outside right lane. Flenar’s vehicle merged into the left lane and hit Keeling’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 2:49 a.m. Sunday, July 25, Pierceton Road west of South CR 350E, Warsaw. Driver: Tristan J. Tenney, 24, Oak Hill Street, Winona Lake. An officer observed tire tracks indicating that a vehicle had left the south side of the roadway, gone into a ditch and then drove along the side of the embankment next to the roadway. An REMC pole had been struck and was broken into pieces. A CenturyLink box was also destroyed. A sign and a cable line were also damaged. Another officer found shredded portions of a tire and scrape marks in the asphalt from a rim west of the accident scene and followed them until they turned into a driveway along Oak Hill Street, Winona Lake. A truck there had a shredded tire, damaged to the front passenger side and a significant amount of grass clippings on it. The driver of the vehicle, Tenney, was located and charged with operating while intoxicated and leaving the scene of a property damage accident. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 3:30 p.m. Saturday, July 24, McKinley and Main streets, Warsaw. Drivers: Elizabeth A. Stevens, 55, West Hillside Drive, Syracuse, and Ryan L. Petty, 40, Warsaw. Stevens’ and Petty’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 7:18 p.m. Friday, July 23, Kings Highway and First Street, Winona Lake. Drivers: Rebecca S. Johnson, 37, East CR 250S, Warsaw, and Sarah L. Masterson, 49, Sixth Street, Winona Lake. Both drivers said a vehicle was stopped in the eastbound lane of Kings Highway, Winona Lake, waiting to turn left into the parking lot just east of First Street. Masterson’s vehicle was stopped behind that vehicle waiting for them to turn, and Johnson’s vehicle hit the back of hers. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:40 p.m. Sunday, July 25, SR 119 and CR 42. Drivers: Charlotte Terry, 68, Columbia City, and Rebekah Neff, 41, Nappanee, Terry sustained internal head and neck injuries ad taken to Goshen Hospital. Neff complained of pain to her arm from bruising and blistering and transported herself to Goshen Hospital. Terry failed to yield the right of way to the Neff vehicle. Terry was cited for failing to yield to a vehicle that did not have a stop sign.
- 4:24 p.m. Saturday, July 24, CR 29 and SR 15. Drivers: Peter Meyer, 79, Syracuse, and Amber McCallister, 32, New Paris. Meyer was west on CR 29 when his vehicle struck the back of McCallister’s vehicle. A passenger in McCallister’s vehicle, Chase Farthing, 30, New Paris, was taken to Goshen Hospital for a seizure. Meyer was cited for following too close.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:50 p.m. Saturday, July 24, SR 25, Rochester. Drivers: Angela L. Gates, 38, Rochester, and John W. Urbin Jr., 71, Kewanna. Gates’ and Urbin’s vehicles collided.
- 10:27 p.m. Friday, July 23, SR 110 and CR 350E, Rochester. Driver: Marilyn S. Dang, 76, Ora. Hit deer.
- 9:55 p.m. Friday, July 23, US 31 and CR 375N, Rochester. Driver: Larry E. Hisey, 76, Twelve Mile. Hit Deer.
- 10:41 p.m. Thursday, July 22, CR 800W and CR 500S, Kewanna. Driver: Johnathan P. Seno, 19, Kewanna. Seno was blinded by another vehicle’s headlights, causing him to go off the road into a ditch.