Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:09 a.m. Friday, July 23, CR 1300N east of CR 175E, Syracuse. Driver: John M. Tobin, 85, EMS D3 Lane, Syracuse. Tobin was traveling westbound on CR 1300N, Syracuse, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 4:28 a.m. Friday, July 23, East CR 1150S east of South CR 600E, North Manchester. Driver: Janet K. Davis, 38, North Street, Liberty Mills. Davis was traveling westbound on CR 1150S approaching CR 600E, North Manchester, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:39 a.m. Thursday, July 22, East CR 200N west of North SR 13, Pierceton. Driver: Thomas M. Dyson, 56, Indianapolis Road, Fort Wayne. Dyson was traveling westbound on East CR 200N, Pierceton, when his vehicle hit a raccoon. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 9:50 p.m. Thursday, July 22, East US 30 and East CR 200N, Warsaw. Drivers: Brian P. Coyle, 50, Chelle Lane, Granger, and Gertrude C. Wischerman, 71, Tremont Street, New Castle, Pa. Coyle’s and Wischerman’s vehicles collided. Wischerman appeared confused after the accident and was transported due to a complaint of abdominal pain. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:15 p.m. Thursday, July 22, Frontage Road east of Commerce Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Christopher M. Sheets, 38, Belle Isle Place, Fort Wayne, and Sharon K. Miller, 49, Wooster Road, Winona Lake. Sheets was traveling westbound on Frontage Road just west of Commerce Drive, Warsaw. He said he began to turn left across the eastbound lane of traffic to enter the Wings Etc. parking lot. He said he didn’t realize that Miller’s vehicle was traveling eastbound on Frontage Road when he turned his vehicle. Her vehicle hit his. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 5:58 p.m. Thursday, July 22, 425 Wexford Place, Warsaw. Drivers: Kathleen Slone, 64, Wexford Place, Warsaw, and Juan C. Terrazas, 47, Wexford Place, Warsaw. Slone was backing out of her driveway. She didn’t see that Terrazas was backing out of his driveway at the same time. Her vehicle hit his. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 2:53 p.m. Thursday, July 22, North SR 15 and Jalynn Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Daniel I. Meza, 37, West Monoquet Road, Warsaw, and Brian A. Elvidge, 54, North Lindsay Street, Claypool. Meza was traveling southbound on North SR 15 near the intersection of Jalynn Street, Warsaw. Meza said Elvidge was traveling southbound on North SR 15 in front of his vehicle. Meza said he looked down and didn’t see Elvidge’s vehicle stop at the traffic control device. His vehicle hit Elvidge’s. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 10:32 a.m. Thursday, July 22, East Center Street west of Prosperity Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Sydney A. Miller, 30, East Madison Street, North Webster. As Miller was traveling westbound on Center Street, she looked back to attend to a child sitting in the rear passenger seat of her vehicle. As she did so, her vehicle ran slightly off the road and struck a mailbox. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 11:09 a.m. Wednesday, July 21, US 30 and East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Angela A. Riffey, 18, SR 331, Bourbon, and Jason M. Scott, 43, East Pierceton Road, Pierceton. Riffey said she was traveling westbound on US 30 behind Scott’s vehicle. She said as she approached the intersection of US 30 and East Center Street, Warsaw, the traffic light at the intersection displayed a green light for westbound traffic on US 30. She said she proceeded through the intersection and her vehicle hit the back of Scott’s vehicle. Scott said he could see her vehicle approaching but was unable to avoid the collision due to traffic. Damage: Up to $10,000.