Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 10:19 a.m. Thursday, July 22, SR 13, Pierceton. Driver: Robert Perz, 75, Calhoun Avenue, Chicago, Ill. Perz’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:52 p.m. Monday, July 19, Harrison Street, north of East Washington Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Richard C. Patton, 48, EMS T3 Lane, North Webster; and Willard Terry, 62, Blackford Drive, South Bend. Patton’s vehicle struck the side mirror of Terry’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 12:38 p.m. Tuesday, July 20, CR 17 and CR 142. Drivers: Tyler Carson, 34, Elkhart; Jose Salazar, 51, Ligonier; and Diane Smith, 60, Goshen. Salazar was treated at the scene for a bump to the head and abrasions to the right arm. Smith was taken to Goshen Hospital for neck pain. Carson, who was northbound on CR 17, stopped at the intersection before driving into the path of Salazar’s vehicle that was westbound on CR 142. After impact Carson’s vehicle then struck the Smith vehicle which was stopped facing south on CR 17.
- 9:47 p.m. Monday, July 19, US 33 and CR 138. Drivers: Oscar Delgado Chanocua, 40 Goshen; Ethan Leatherman, 19, Ligonier; and Timothy Senter, 46, Ligonier. Krauss Short, a passenger in Leatherman’s vehicle sustained a head injury and was taken to a hospital. Alexis Tunstill, also a passenger in Leatherman’s vehicle complained of head pain and went to the hospital to be checked out. Chanocua turned in front of Leatherman’s vehicle causing Leatherman’s vehicle to hit the passenger side of Chanocua’s vehicle and causing it to roll over onto its top. Senter was traveling behind Leatherman’s vehicle and his vehicle sustained damages from the debris. Chanocua was cited for failure to yield the right of way at an intersection causing bodily injury.
- 4:30 p.m. Monday, July 19, CR 25 and CR 46, New Paris. Drivers: Irving Levine, 82, Valparaiso; Zachary Avery, 21, Syracuse. Levine suffered left shoulder pain and was taken to Goshen Hospital. Avery sustained a laceration to the hand and was treated at the scene. Levine was westbound on CR 46 and stopped at the intersection with CR 25. He drove his vehicle into the intersection, failing to see the Avery vehicle. Avery’s vehicle hit the driver’s side of Levine’s vehicle sending both vehicles off the road into a nearby yard. Levine was extricated from the vehicle. He was cited for failure to yield the right of way.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
11:57 p.m. Wednesday, July 21, South Smith Street, Kewanna. Driver: Charles A. Smith, 48, Kewanna. Hit deer on SR 17.