Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:17 a.m. Wednesday, July 21, CR 500E, south of Pierceton Road, Warsaw. Driver: Ryan C. Craft, 39, East CR 200S, Pierceton. Craft’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:49 p.m. Tuesday, July 20, North CR 650E and South Barbee Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Robie Prater, 57, North CR 650E, Warsaw; and Jason E. Schlemmer, 43, Washington Street, Urbana. Schlemmer slowed to make a turn, and Prater hit his brakes and slid, with the motorcycle ending up on its side. Prater complained of arm and shoulder pain and was taken by ambulance to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Damage up to $2,500.
- 6:15 a.m. Tuesday, July 20, West CR 400N, Warsaw. Driver: Matthew C. Casner, 53, West CR 400N, Warsaw. Casner’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:29 p.m. Tuesday, July 20, Walton Boulevard, Warsaw. Driver: Michael R. DeGroff, 33, Baker Street, Warsaw. DeGroff said his brakes failed and his vehicle struck a retaining wall in the Walmart parking lot. Damage up to $5,000.
- 5:16 p.m. Tuesday, July 20, SR 15 and CR 200N, Warsaw. Drivers: Jo A. Escoto, 37, EMS D2 Lane, Syracuse; and Danielle C. Slone, 32, Clark Street, Warsaw. The vehicles collided at the intersection. Damage up to $25,000.
- 3:47 p.m. Tuesday, July 20, Center Street and Lincoln Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Sherry L. Schaefer, 42, High Street, Silver Lake; and David G. Cox, 71, Ridge Valley Drive, Warsaw. Schaefer’s vehicle rear-ended Cox’s vehicle. Both drivers and a passenger in Cox’s vehicle complained of pain but all parties signed off, refusing medical treatment. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:17 a.m. Tuesday, July 20, 220 S. Union St., Warsaw. Driver: unknown. A female driver exited her vehicle without placing the vehicle into park. The vehicle then rolled forward, hitting the southwest corner of the Kosciusko County Recycling Depot building. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 1:35 p.m. Monday, July 19, SR 15 North, near CR 250N, Warsaw. Drivers: Gage A. Morris, 18, Doll Place, Cromwell; and Richard V. Smith, 50, Crssthaven Street, Conway, Ark. Morris was traveling north on SR 15 when he merged his vehicle into the right lane. As he did so, Morris’ vehicle hit Smith’s vehicle. Smith said as he was traveling north, Morris’ vehicle entered his path of travel. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:58 a.m. Sunday, July 18, South CR 350 E, north of Wilcox Road, Winona Lake. Driver: Stephanie Shepherd, 38, East CR 500S, Warsaw. Shepherd’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $10,000.