Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:26 p.m. Monday, July 19, North SR 19 north of West SR 10, Etna Green. Drivers: Vinod K. Sharma, 76, Connemarro Court, Fort Wayne, and Judith P. Swank, 69, West CR 450N, Rochester. Sharma was attempting to turn left on North SR 19 from West SR 10, Etna Green. Swank’s vehicle was traveling southbound on North SR 19. Sharma’s vehicle entered the intersection in the path of Swank’s vehicle, causing a collision. Damage: Up to $100,000.
- 3:53 p.m. Monday, July 19, North SR 19 south of West CR 1000N, Warsaw. Drivers: Joas S. Miller, 19, West CR 950N, Nappanee, and Jeremy E. Hochstedler, 20, Eighth Road, Bourbon. Miller was traveling northbound on SR 19 when he looked out into a field and didn’t see Hochstedler’s vehicle in front of him. Miller’s vehicle hit Hochstedler’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 1:50 p.m. Monday, July 19, 56 E. Bell Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Rafael Valbuena, 25, Meadow Lane Drive, Valparaiso. Valbuena’s vehicle backed into a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 11:47 a.m. Monday, July 19, US 30 and North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Donald R. Woods, 58, CR 19, New Paris, and Logan L. McCann, 24, Folz Lane, Evansville. A nearby police officer said he witnessed the accident. Woods was traveling eastbound on US 30 approaching the intersection of North Parker Street, Warsaw. He said McCann was stopped at a red light in front of Woods’ vehicle. Woods said he took his eyes off the roadway and when he looked back, he couldn’t stop in time. His vehicle hit McCann’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 6:38 a.m. Friday, July 16, US 30 and East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Destiny L. Hansen, 26, East Robby Drive, Warsaw, and Than T. Cho, 35, Bauman St., South Whitley. Hansen’s and Cho’s vehicles collided. Hansen left the scene of the accident. She later told police it was due to not having insurance on the vehicle she was driving. Damage: Up to $2,500.