Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:08 a.m. Wednesday, July 14, South CR 400E, south of East SR 14, Claypool. Driver: Jaela M. Burkett, 20, East 9th Street, Rochester. Burkett was traveling north on South CR 400E when a deer ran into the side of her vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:34 a.m. Wednesday, July 14, North SR 19, near West CR 575N, Etna Green. Driver: William J. Watson, 29, Chevy Chase Drive, Elkhart. Watson was traveling south on SR 19 when he drove straight through a turn at an intersection, causing his vehicle to leave the roadway. He was checked at the scene by medics for a minor lower arm injury. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, July 13, West CR 300S, west of South CR 25W, Warsaw. Driver: Jeffrey D. Rohrer, 58, West CR 600S, Claypool. Rohrer was traveling east on West CR 300S when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:51 a.m. Tuesday, July 13, North SR 13, near East CR 150N, Pierceton. Driver: Tracey J. Wallace, 28, Country Side Drive, Columbia City. Wallace was traveling north on SR 13 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 9:41 a.m. Sunday, July 11, East Armstrong Road, east of North CR 75E, Leesburg. Driver: Asher Javaid, 27, East Lake View Drive, Syracuse. Javaid was traveling west on Armstrong Road when his vehicle left the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 1:19 p.m. Tuesday, July 13, West Main Street, west of North Huntington Street, Syracuse. Driver: Veronica S. Shash, 46, Border Avenue C., Corona, Calif. Shash was turning north onto North Huntington Street when she hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage under $750.
- 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 13, North Huntington Street, north of East Main Street, Syracuse. Driver: unknown. A vehicle was parked in a no-parking space when it was hit by a semi-tractor trailer. The semi driver left the scene. Damage up to $2,500.