Inside Indiana Business
HAMMOND – Comcast Corp. says its Comcast Business division has installed more than seven miles of fiber in key northern and northwest Indiana business and industrial areas.
The company says the new network infrastructure will reach hundreds of businesses in Hammond, Middlebury, Portage, Schererville, Wakarusa and Warsaw.
“The expansion of Comcast Business’ fiber network in Northwest Indiana will strengthen the region’s profile and help it continue to compete for companies in a number of key sectors, from manufacturing, distribution and warehousing to customer support/call centers and healthcare,” said Heather Ennis, president and chief executive officer of Northwest Indiana Forum.
With the expansion complete, Comcast can provide businesses in those areas with internet speeds of up to 100 Gigabits per second.
The fiber lines were placed in the following locations:
- Hammond: The Digital Crossroad Data Center on Indianapolis Boulevard and the Briar East Shopping Center.
- Portage: An industrial area along Shepherd Avenue and Marineview Street off State Highway 249.
- Schererville: an area serving the Shoppes at Schererville.
- Middlebury: A business area between County Road 2 and County Road 4 along State Road 131.
- Wakarusa: A business area located at East Waterford Street and Nappanee Street.
- Warsaw: The Silveus Crossing industrial area.