Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:02 a.m. Wednesday, June 30, South County Farm Road south of East CR 800S, Claypool. Driver: Heather L. Bartley, 35, South CR 400W, Claypool. Bartley was traveling southbound on County Farm Road, Claypool, when she fell asleep. Her vehicle drifted off the road and went into a ditch and hit a mailbox. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 3:35 a.m. Wednesday, June 30, East Armstrong Road east of North CR 200E, Leesburg. Driver: Michael R. Miller, 51, North Moore Street, Syracuse. Miller said he was traveling eastbound on East Armstrong Road an eighth of a mile east of North CR 200E, Leesburg. He looked at his cellphone and took his eyes off the roadway. When he looked up, his vehicle began to leave the north side of the roadway. His vehicle hit a utility pole and road sign. Miller admitted to consuming alcohol prior to driving. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 5:48 p.m. Tuesday, June 29, West US 30 and North SR 19, Etna Green. Drivers: Carol A. McGowen, 74, South First Street, Argos, and Elmi H. Hassan, 32, Brooklyn Road, Columbus, Ohio. McGowen was traveling westbound on US 30 turning left onto South SR 19 when she crashed into Hassan’s vehicle driving eastbound on US 30. McGowen complained of knee pain. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:27 p.m. Tuesday, June 29, North CR 650W and West US 30, Atwood. Drivers: Lucas M. Rudicel, 25, North CR 600W, Rochester, and David E. Eppenbaugh, 60, North Southwinds Trail, Warsaw. Rudicel was traveling northbound on CR 650W and stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of US 30, Atwood. An eastbound semi was attempting to make a right turn from US 30 onto CR 650W to travel south. Rudicel said he backed up to provide the semi turning room and didn’t see Eppenbaugh’s vehicle behind him. Rudicel said he struck Eppenbaugh’s vehicle with his trailer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:11 p.m. Monday, June 28, East SR 14, near South Packerton Road, Claypool. Drivers: Timothy Wyma, 73, Yale Avenue, Sanford, Fla., and Ashley N. Harman, 25, South CR 200W, Claypool. Wyma was traveling south on South Packerton Road when he stopped at a stop sign, then continued south into the intersection. He didn’t notice Harman’s vehicle traveling west on East SR 14 and entered her path of travel. Harman complained of chest and leg pain and was taken to a hospital in Wabash. A passenger in Harman’s vehicle, Harley Harman, 3, Claypool, sustained bruising from his child restraint. Ashley Harman said Harley would be checked by medical professionals at a local hospital in Wabash. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:43 a.m. Wednesday, June 30, North SR 13 south of East CR 350N, North Webster. Driver: Steven D. LeCount, 56, Green Hill Drive, Warsaw. LeCount hit a tree that had fallen in the roadway. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 5:42 a.m. Wednesday, June 30, North SR 13 south of East CR 350N, North Webster. Driver: Billy J. Tolson, 51, Congress Street, Wabash. Tolson hit a tree that had fallen in the roadway. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Pierceton Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:28 p.m. Friday, June 25, US 30 west of SR 13, Warsaw. Drivers: Richard A. Van Duyne, 70, North CR 200E, Rochester, and Russell E. Albertson, 49, Fawn Court, Warsaw. Albertson said he stopped at the red light. When the light turned green, Van Duyne’s vehicle rolled forward before Van Duyne hit the brakes. Albertson said he tried to stop in time but couldn’t. His vehicle hit the back of Van Duyne’s. Damage: Under $750.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:11 p.m. Monday, June 28, 307 E. Chicago St., Syracuse. Driver: Teresa J. Hainge, 71, North Center Street West, North Webster. Hainge was backing up her vehicle when she hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage: Up to $1,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 2:45 p.m. Tuesday, June 29, CR 36 and CR 13, south of Elkhart. Drivers: Francis Bender, 94, Nappanee, and Jacob Lafree, 35, Elkhart. Bender complained of chest pain. A passenger in his vehicle, Mary Bender, 91, Nappanee, complained of shoulder and side pain. The Benders were taken to Elkhart General Hospital. Francis Bender disregarded the stop sign and struck the Lafree vehicle in the middle of the intersection. Francis Bender was cited for disregarding a stop sign.
- 2:11 p.m. Monday, June 28, SR 119 and CR 7, near Wakarusa. Drivers; Melissa Atwood, 53, Syracuse, and Vito Rulli, 63, South Bend. Atwood complained of neck pain and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital. Atwood stopped at the stop sign on CR 7, south of SR 199, and proceeded to cross SR 119 into the path of Rulli’s vehicle. Atwood was cited for failure to yield.
- 3:39 p.m. Friday, June 25, SR 19, north of Nappanee. Drivers: Ashley Reed, 30, Nappanee, and Alexander Coleman, 30, Akron. Reed complained of minor neck and chest pain and transported to Elkhart General Hospital. Reed failed to notice Coleman was turning into a driveway and struck the back of Coleman’s vehicle. Reed was cited for following too close. A small child passenger in Reed’s vehicle was not injured.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:56 a.m. Tuesday, June 29, SR 17 and CR 725S, Kewanna. Driver: Robert D. Davis, 51, Knox. Hit deer.
- 10:54 a.m. Monday, June 28, East Lucas Street and Old US 31, Rochester. Drivers: Steven M. Byers, 50, Twelve Mile, and Danny L. Duncan, 51, Albion. The two vehicles collided.
- 6:06 p.m. Sunday, June 27, US 31 and East SR 110, Rochester. Drivers: Robyn D. Fresh, 38, Rochester, and Loretta S. Saunders, 66, Anderson. No further information was provided.