Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 11:25 p.m. Sunday, June 27, SR 25, Warsaw. Driver: Ian R. Becker, 18, West CR 200S, Warsaw. Becker lost control of his vehicle and went off the roadway, into a ditch and collided with a tree. Damage up to $5,000.
- 6:57 a.m. Sunday, June 27, North CR 600W, south of West CR 1200N, Nappanee. Driver: Bryan Castro-Rosas, 18, Old Road 30, Warsaw. Castro-Rosas’ vehicle went off the road and into a filed. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:20 p.m. Saturday, June 26, SR 13, North Webster. Drivers: Melanie Washington, 48, EMS W19 Lane, North Webster; Brock Bohde, 21, Lincolnway South, Ligonier; and Tiffany Overlander, 31, Ruth Street, Urbana. Washington’s vehicle crested a hill and struck the rear of Bohde’s vehicle, which was stopped in the roadway. This caused Bohde’s vehicle to rear-end Overlander’s vehicle. The vehicles were stopped due to a dog crate being in the middle of the road, which had fallen out of another vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:20 a.m. Saturday, June 26, SR 14, south of CR 300N, Claypool. Drivers: Casey J. Dierks, 23, South CR 300E, Claypool; and James A. Geller, 44, Grismer Road, Fort Wayne. Dierks said he stopped at the intersection of SR 14 and then pulled into the path of Geller’s vehicle. Dierks complained of head, chest, leg and arm pain and was taken to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. Damage up to $50,000.
- 6:55 a.m. Saturday, June 26, West CR 800S, east of SR 15, Claypool. Driver: Heather A. Horton, 29, South CR 100E, Claypool. Horton’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $10,000.
- 12:34 a.m. Saturday, June 26, SR 19, Mentone. Driver: Jennifer Detweiler, 17, Burket Lane, Bremen. Detweiler’s vehicle struck a tree limb in the road. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:49 p.m. Friday, June 25, SR 19, Akron. Driver: Ashton J. Woolley, 23, South CR 1075E, Akron. High water in the area caused Woolley’s vehicle to hydroplane. The vehicle went off the roadway, struck a sign and went into a cornfield. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:45 p.m. Friday, June 25, Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Driver: Charles W. Steinman, 24, SR 10, Bourbon. Steinman lost control of his vehicle on a curve in the road and went off the roadway and into a ditch where the vehicle rolled. Steinman was medically evaluated at the scene but refused further medical treatment. Damage up to $2,500.
- 5:40 p.m. Friday, June 25, Pickwick Road, west of Searfoss Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: John T. King, 23, Broadway Street, Indianapolis; and Chelsea M. Pinkerton, 16, W. First St., Cromwell. King’s vehicle struck Pinkerton’s vehicle while exiting a parking lot. Damage up to $5,000.
- 5:07 a.m. Wednesday, June 23, SR 15 and West CR 900N, Warsaw. Drivers: Spencer E. Stapleton, 23, North CR 450W, Warsaw; Nicole M. Jeffries, 29, Sand Dollar Drive, Warsaw. Jeffries said she was northbound on SR 15 and as she got to the intersection at West CR 900N, she saw vehicle headlights directly in front of her. Dusty DeShane, 27, North CR 450W, Warsaw, a passenger in Stapleton’s vehicle, said he and Stapleton were on their way to work. DeShane said he had fallen asleep and woke up when the collision occurred. DeShane had complaint of pain to his back and stomach and was flown to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. Stapleton was unconscious and was flown to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. Jeffries complained of lower back pain but refused treatment. Debris from the collision struck two parked, unoccupied vehicles. Damage up to $100,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:57 p.m. Saturday, June 26, Main Street, North Webster. Driver: Angela M. Clawson, 33, Seiler Road, New Haven. Clawson was pulling into a parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 4:48 p.m. Sunday, June 27, Kings Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Dustin J. Cloud, 32, East CR 950N, Syracuse. Cloud’s vehicle missed a curb and struck a barricade, causing the vehicle to roll over. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:52 a.m. Friday, June 25, Indiana Avenue, Syracuse. Driver: Bruce M. Jones, 57, Pickwick Drive, Syracuse. Jones said a vehicle struck the front right fender of his vehicle and continued on without stopping. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:35 a.m. Monday, June 28, Pike Street, Warsaw. Hit and run accident involving a parked vehicle being sideswiped. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:01 a.m. Saturday, June 26, SR 15, south of Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Alexis C. Brazo, 26, Section Street, Claypool; and David D. Yotter, 54, Donna Street, Leesburg. Brazo’s vehicle rear-ended Yotter’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 10:09 a.m. Friday, June 25, Center Street, Warsaw. Driver: Denny A. Setnor, 52, North CR 700W, Culver. Setnor’s vehicle struck a parked, unoccupied vehicle while backing out of a parking space. Damage up to $10,000.
- 4:36 p.m. Friday, June 25, SR 15 and East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Brad M. Pearson, 37, Center Street, Warsaw; James N. White, 54, Market Street, Logansport; and Madelyn K. Zimmerman, 20, North CR 200W, Milford. Pearson’s vehicle and White’s vehicle collided at the intersection. Debris from the collision struck Zimmerman’s vehicle. Due to witness statements, Pearson was cited for disregarding a traffic control device. White complained of back and neck pain and was examined by EMS at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.