Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 2:43 p.m. Friday, June 11, CR 3 and CR 28. Drivers: Travis Middaugh, 38, Nappanee; and Jose Cervantes, 30, Plymouth. Middaugh complained of left rib pain and suffered a possible concussion. He was taken to Elkhart General Hospital. Middaugh disregarded the stop sign at the intersection and attempted to turn left when he struck the front of Cervantes’ vehicle. Middaugh was cited for disregarding a stop sign.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 10:10 p.m. Tuesday, June 15, SR 17 and CR 700N, Culver. Driver: Lorna M. Mollencupp, 62, Culver. Hit deer.
- 7:13 p.m. Tuesday, June 15, Sweetgum Road and West 18th Street, Rochester. Driver: Lazrus Hernandez, 19, Rochester. Hernandez’s vehicle struck a fire hydrant.
- 4:20 a.m. Monday, June 14, Old US 31 and CR 425N, Rochester. Driver: Cody J. Wilson, 29, Rochester. Wilson’s motorcycle struck a deer. He sustained a possible broken arm.
- 9:37 a.m. Sunday, June 13, CR 800S and CR 900W, Kewanna. Driver: John Geier, 49, Kewanna. Hit a downed tree.
- 8:50 a.m. Sunday, June 13, US 31 and CR 50N, Rochester. Driver: Viridiana Kropf, 19, El Paso, Texas. Kropf’s truck rolled.
- 8:26 p.m. Friday, June 11, CR 1100W and CR 600N, Rochester. Driver: Phillip C. Konieczny, 47, Monterey. After Konieczny’s vehicle stuck a deer, he stopped to check the damage when his truck and trailer started rolling, going down an embankment and jackknifed.