Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:10 p.m. Wednesday, June 16, SR 15, Milford. Drivers: David L. Cross, 46, SR 13, Syracuse; and Kevin A. Hall, 42, East CR 550N, Leesburg. Cross was traveling east on East CR 900N when Hall’s vehicle failed to yield the right of way at the intersection of SR 15, resulting in a collision. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:59 p.m. Tuesday, June 15, Center Street, Warsaw. Driver: Jesus Moyotl Cielo, 16, East CR 200N, Warsaw. Moyotl Cielo’s vehicle went off the road, striking three mailboxes and a garage. Moyotl Cielo said he did not have a driver’s license or insurance. Damage up to $50,000.
- 11:59 a.m. Tuesday, June 15, CR 150W, Warsaw. Driver: Jonathon W. Kerkhoff, 68, Bruner Road, Warsaw. A deer ran into the side of Kerkhoff’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Mentone Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 16, Etna Street, Mentone. Drivers: Alexander B. Flick, 27, North Fifth Street, Niles, Mich; and Bobby E. Jenkins, 64, Main Street, Syracuse. The vehicles collided in a parking lot. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:01 p.m. Wednesday, June 16, Huntington Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Laurie J. Barth, 55, East CR 1300N, Syracuse; and Kim E. Grout, 65, North Street, Milford. Barth’s vehicle rear-ended Grout’s vehicle. Barth complained of shoulder pain and was taken to Goshen Hospital. Grout complained of neck pain but was not transported to a hospital. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:41 p.m. Wednesday, June 16, Fort Wayne Street and North Maple Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Cassandra S. Steen, 27, Latta Street, Warsaw; and Jessica N. Lackey, 32, Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Steen stopped at the stop sign at the intersection but then proceeded through because she thought Lackey’s vehicle was going to stop. Steen said she did not realize there was not a stop sign on Fort Wayne Street. The left front of Steen’s vehicle struck Lackey’s vehicle. Steen’s driving status was listed as suspended and she was cited for driving while suspended. Damage up to $2,500.