Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department investigated the following accidents:
- 8:13 a.m. Sunday, June 13, South SR 15 north of West CR 1300S, Silver Lake. Driver: Robert E. Jones, 63, North CR 700E, Roann. Jones was traveling southbound on South SR 15 north of CR 1300S, Silver Lake. A deer entered the roadway, and he swerved to miss it. His vehicle left the roadway and entered a field. A sign was also damaged. Damage: Up to $100,000.
- 2:08 a.m. Sunday, June 13, West US 30 and North CR 875W, Warsaw. Drivers: Marlin Fuentes, 32, Seventh Street, Goshen, and Paul A. Banks, 44, Red Arrow Highway, Bridgman, Mich. Banks said he was traveling westbound on US 30 in the right lane of travel with his cruise control activated. He said he began to rub his eyes due to them being dry. As he neared the intersection at North CR 875W, Warsaw, he observed Fuentes’ vehicle to be traveling southbound on North CR 875W at a high rate of speed. He said the other vehicle disregarded the stop sign and drove into his lane of travel. He attempted to stop his semi, but was unable to due to the difference from each other. His semi hit Fuentes’ vehicle and pushed it into the median of the roadway. Fuentes and his son Marlin Fuentes were both pronounced deceased at the scene. Banks was checked out at the scene and refused further medical treatment. Damage: Up to $100,000.
- 12:22 a.m. Sunday, June 13, East US 30 east of South CR 250E, Warsaw. Driver: John W. Klug, 44, Line Street, Decatur. Klug was traveling westbound on East US 30 in the area east of South CR 250E, Warsaw, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:31 a.m. Saturday, June 12, South SR 13 north of East 125S, Pierceton. Driver: Franklin N. Dausman, 38, East Pierceton Road, Pierceton. Dausman was traveling southbound on South SR 13 in the area north of East CR 125S, Pierceton, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 8:42 p.m. Friday, June 11, South Hunters Ridge north of East Oak Lane, Warsaw. Driver: Annalia M. Brehany, 17, South Country Club Road, Warsaw. Brehany was traveling into the driveway at 123 S. Hunters Ridge, Warsaw, facing westbound. She said she pulled into the driveway to turn around after traveling past the residence that she intended to go to. As she was backing out of the driveway, her vehicle collided with a parked vehicle on the side of the road. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 11:53 p.m. Tuesday, June 8, South Logan Street and Rozella Road, Warsaw. Driver: Raelea D. Davis, 41, West Wilkins Street, Indianapolis. Davis was traveling southbound on South Logan Street, Warsaw, when her vehicle went off the road. She said she was paying attention to her GPS while traveling southbound on South Logan Street and didn’t realize the T-intersection at Rozella Road was approaching. She realized she had missed her left turn and applied her vehicle’s brakes. Her vehicle hit the curb and continued into the grass at the Warsaw Church of God where her vehicle came to a complete stop. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 7:52 p.m. Tuesday, June 8, North SR 15 south of South Main Street, Leesburg. Driver: Roger K. Hill, 57, West Baker Street, Warsaw. Hill was traveling northbound on North SR 15 just south of Main Street, Milford, when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 1:55 p.m. Tuesday, June 8, North SR 13 and East Old Road 30, Pierceton. Drivers: Wyatt G. Engle, 17, North CR 400E, North Manchester, and Kendall M. Littlefield, 21, East North Road, Syracuse. Engle was traveling northbound on SR 13 turning onto Old Road 30, Pierceton. The traffic light changed from green to yellow. He went ahead and started to make his turn, and his vehicle hit Littlefield’s vehicle, which was southbound. Her vehicle went off the road and hit a pole. EMS was called for Littlefield, but she refused treatment. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 9:05 p.m. Monday, June 7, East US 30 east of South CR 900E, Pierceton. Driver: Wini J. Barnett, 16, Sally Street, Warsaw. Barnett was traveling westbound on US 30 in the right lane when she lost control of the vehicle. As she was traveling westbound, her vehicle began to hydroplane. She lost control of her vehicle and traveled off the north side of the roadway where the vehicle came to a stop. Damage: $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:09 p.m. Friday, June 11, South Huntington Street east of East Pickwick Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Miranda E. Maag, 19, East Greenhaus Drive, Syracuse, and Andrew B. Minnich, 22, SR 119, Goshen. Maag was traveling northbound on South Huntington Street, Syracuse, when she got into the right-hand turn lane at the intersection of East Pickwick Drive. Maag said there was a vehicle in the straight lane continuing northbound on South Huntington Street. Her light was green, so she proceeded to turn right onto East Pickwick Drive when she observed Minnich’s vehicle coming from the south and attempt to turn left onto East Pickwick Drive at the same time. Maag said she was unable to stop in time to avoid a collision. Minnich and a passenger in his vehicle said they didn’t see Maag’s vehicle until too late because she was in the blind spot of a different northbound vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 1:51 p.m. Monday, June 14, 2501 Walton Boulevard, Warsaw. Drivers: Jayme L. Miller, 19, North CR 100W, Decatur, and Lindsay R. Housman, 34, North Honeycomb Lane, Cromwell. Miller said she had pulled her vehicle into a parking spot and was backing up to straighten her vehicle. She didn’t see Housman’s vehicle behind her, and her vehicle backed into it. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 12:04 p.m. Monday, June 14, Country Club Road south of Country Club Drive South, Warsaw. Driver: Lisset Loyola, 24, West Sycamore Road, Warsaw. Loyola was traveling northbound when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:54 a.m. Sunday, June 13, US 30 and Meijer Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Daniel S. Spath, 55, East Tipton Street, Huntington, and Jamie L. Loftus, 35, Oak Valley Road, Fort Wayne. Spath’s and Loftus’ vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 5:15 p.m. Saturday, June 12, 2152 Heather Court, Warsaw. Driver: Ryan F. Hampton, 20, West CR 550N, Warsaw. Hampton was traveling in the area of Heather Court, Warsaw, when he struck a mailbox. He said he was driving recklessly, lost control of his vehicle and struck a mailbox. He said he left the scene of the accident. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 2:03 p.m. Saturday, June 12, 816 Briar Ridge Circle, Warsaw. Driver: Scott A. Haines, 35, Alpha Street, Warsaw. Haines was backing his trailer north into a parking space. Another vehicle was parking in a parking space east of the space Haines was backing the trailer into. He said he didn’t realize how close the trailer was to the vehicle. The trailer hit the other vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 10:33 a.m. Saturday, June 12, Jalynn Street and Walton Boulevard, Warsaw. Drivers: Robert L. Conrad, 65, Chapman Lake Drive, Warsaw, and Britton D. Lewis, 20, Saddleback Court, Fort Wayne. Conrad said he was traveling southbound on Walton Boulevard stopped at the intersection of Jalynn Street, Warsaw. He said he didn’t see Lewis’ vehicle traveling northbound, and he turned his vehicle left directly into the path of Lewis’ vehicle, causing a collision. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:46 p.m. Friday, June 11, US 30 west of North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Kermit R. Hochstetler, 44, Broadway Road, Sheboygan Falls, Wis., John R. Johnson, 20, Kuder Lane, Warsaw, Dennis L. Bollenbacher, 77, EMS R4 Lane, Pierceton, and Manika D. Laughlin, 42, East Lake Tahoe Trail, Warsaw. Hochstetler was traveling eastbound on US 30 and was approaching the intersection of North Parker Street, Warsaw. He said traffic stopped abruptly in front of his vehicle due to traffic being backed up from the traffic light at the North Parker Street intersection. He said he didn’t have time to stop, which caused his vehicle to rear-end Johnson’s vehicle, which caused his vehicle to hit Bollenbacher’s vehicle, which caused his vehicle to hit Laughlin’s vehicle. A passenger in Bollenbacher’s vehicle complained of leg pain, but refused medical treatment. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 4:04 p.m. Friday, June 11, 2223 E. Center St., Warsaw. Driver: Nicolas D. Brown, 31, West 11th Street, Rochester. Brown said he was parked in a parking stall at Handy Spot Liquors. He said he saw another vehicle park behind him near a food truck. He thought he started to back out of his parking stall in the south direction. He looked away to take a bite of the food he was eating and backed into the driver’s side of the other vehicle. He said he was distracted, causing him to back up into the other vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 12:38 p.m. Thursday, June 10, South Zimmer Road and West Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Natalie E. Norris, 17, South CR 800W, Mentone, and Kristin S. Thomas, 39, North Parks Schram Road, Warsaw. Norris was traveling northbound on Zimmer Road and stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of of West Winona Avenue, Warsaw. She said she believed it was her turn to enter the intersection and did so. Thomas was traveling westbound on West Winona Avenue, Warsaw, and stopped at the four-way stop at the intersection of Zimmer Road. She also believed it was her turn to go through the intersection. Norris’ and Thomas’ vehicles collided. Norris’ vehicle spun clockwise, and it impacted support wires for a utility pole and two street signs. Damage: Up to $25,000.