Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:02 a.m. Friday, June 11, East CR 1000N west of EMS D13 Lane, Syracuse. Driver: Jack A. Merchant, 18, Burnley Drive, West Lafayette. Merchant said he was traveling westbound on East CR 1000N, Syracuse, when he swerved to avoid hitting a deer. His vehicle went off the roadway to the left and struck a mailbox. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 9:53 p.m. Thursday, June 10, West Crystal Lake Road west of South SR 25, Warsaw. Driver: Sharon L. McIntosh, 55, West Crystal Lake Road, Warsaw. McIntosh was traveling westbound on Crystal Lake Road just west of South SR 25, Warsaw, when a her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 8:06 p.m. Thursday, June 10, South CR 400E north of East CR 700S, Warsaw. Driver: Danielle L. Palmer, 35, East CR 350S, Pierceton. Palmer was traveling northbound on CR 400E just north of CR 700S, Warsaw, when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:04 p.m. Thursday, June 10, East Old Road 30 and North Superior Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Sheryl L. Jones, 49, East Kyle Road, Pierceton, and Benjamin J. Lane, 40, North First Street, Warsaw. Jones was traveling eastbound on East Old Road 30, Warsaw. She said she saw an officer directing traffic at the intersection of South CR 250E. She was watching the officer because she wanted to give him plenty of room. While she was watching the officer, she hit the back of Lane’s vehicle. Damage: Up to to $25,000.
- 3:20 p.m. Thursday, June 10, West CR 200S west of Falcon Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Adam J. Burns, 46, First Road, Walkerton, and Scott T. Burger, 43, Chickadee Lane, Warsaw. Burns had said he had come to a stop in the roadway. He put his hazard lights on. He said he started backing up his vehicle in order to turn around in a drive. He said Burger’s vehicle was close enough to be in his blind spot. He backed into Burger’s vehicle with his. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:20 a.m. Thursday, June 10, Crystal Lake Road, Warsaw. A vehicle went off the road and struck a utility pole, causing the vehicle to roll over on its top. The driver left the scene prior to the arrival of law enforcement. Damage up to $25,000.
- 8:06 a.m. Tuesday, June 8, North SR 13 north of Executive Boulevard, Syracuse. Driver: Kathryn E. Gerber, 34, East CR 1000N, Syracuse. Gerber said while traveling northbound on SR 13, Syracuse, she felt a seizure starting. That caused her vehicle to leave its lane of travel. Her vehicle traveled off the roadway to the left and struck a wooden post. Her vehicle traveled back on the roadway before going off the road to the right and hitting a 55 mph sign. Medics checked out Gerber due to her being seven months pregnant. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:58 p.m. Thursday, June 10, Petro Drive and SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Austin C. Bellamy, 22, East Church Street, Pierceton, and Aaron V. Combs, 28, North CR 200W, Leesburg. Bellamy was traveling eastbound on Petro Drive, Warsaw. He said he was behind Combs’ vehicle at the stop sign located at the intersection of SR 15 and Petro Drive. He said he thought Combs’ vehicle was about to drive and Bellamy started to go, but Combs’ vehicle stopped abruptly again. His vehicle hit Combs’. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:08 p.m. Thursday, June 10, East US 30 east of East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Trevor D. Fox, 21, South CR 850W, Losantville, and Jamie E. Branning, 46, North Walnut Street, Columbia City. Fox was traveling westbound on East US 30 near the East Old Road 30 intersection, Warsaw. He said his GPS told him he needed to turn right, so he looked over his shoulder to change lanes. When he turned his focus back to the front, he saw Branning’s vehicle was slowed in traffic. He attempted to stop his vehicle, but his brakes weren’t strong enough. The front of his vehicle hit Branning’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 8:14 a.m. Wednesday, June 9, East Center Street and North Harrison Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Joshua L. Boehm, 27, North CR 450E, Ossian, Geoffrey R. Payne, 52, Nutmeg Meadows Drive, Plymouth, and Chad E. Fulkerson, 49, South Main Street, Churubusco. Boehm said he was traveling westbound on Center Street, Warsaw, and was approaching the intersection of Harrison Street. He sneezed and rear-ended Payne’s vehicle, which then rear-ended Fulkerson’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:56 p.m. Sunday, June 6, North Union Drive east of Park Avenue, Winona Lake. Drivers: James R. Rogers, 64, Park Avenue, Winona Lake, and Eric J. Squires, 38, Widaman Street, Winona Lake. Rogers said he was backing out of 106 N. Union Dr., Winona Lake. He said he checked for traffic coming on North Union Street and didn’t see any vehicles. As he was backing up, he said a pedestrian waved at him. He continued backing and hit Squires’ vehicle, which was traveling eastbound on North Union Street. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 2:16 p.m. Thursday, June 10, CR 20 and CR 23. Drivers: Katlin Alexander, 21, Warsaw, and Jasmine Bontrager, 21, Goshen. Bontrager complained of pain to the head. Alexander failed to yield to Bontrager’s vehicle, which was southbound through the intersection. Bontrager was taken to Goshen Hospital. Alexander was cited for failure to yield.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 8:25 a.m. Thursday, June 10, CR 250S and CR 1000W, Kewanna. Driver: Brandon M. Hendrickson, 23, Rochester. Hendrickson’s vehicle struck a pole and rolled over.