Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 11:25 a.m. Tuesday, June 8, North SR 13 south of East CR 400N, Warsaw. Drivers: Cortney M. Harpenau, 34, North Syracuse Webster Road, Syracuse, and Christy M. Warner, 36, West Tanya Avenue, North Webster. Harpenau’s vehicle and Warner’s vehicle were traveling southbound on North SR 13 at the intersection of East CR 400N, Warsaw. Harpenau said she didn’t see Warner’s vehicle stopping to make a left turn onto East CR 400N. Her vehicle hit Warner’s. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 3:27 p.m. Monday, June 7, South County Farm Road and East CR 400S, Warsaw. Drivers: Maria Rodriguez De Luna, 36, North CR 175E, Warsaw, and Mikayla N. Roller, 18, East CR 300N, Warsaw. Rodriguez De Luna was traveling westbound on CR 400S and stopped at a stop sign at County Farm Road, Warsaw. Roller was traveling northbound on County Farm Road approaching CR 400S and didn’t have a stop sign. Rodriguez De Luna said she stopped at the stop sign and didn’t see anyone coming and then proceeded forward and was struck by Roller’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 7:56 a.m. Thursday, June 3, South Packerton Road south of East SR 14, Claypool. Drivers: Rick E. Morgan, 32, West SR 13, North Manchester, and Tristan T. Stutzman, 25, East Paw Paw Pike, Peru. Morgan said he was stopped behind Stutzman’s vehicle and its trailer on Packerton Road at the intersection of East Packerton Road and South SR 14, Claypool. As Stutzman’s vehicle began to turn onto SR 14 from Packerton Road, his trailer rolled back and collided with Morgan’s vehicle. Stutzman said his trailer didn’t back up or roll back while turning onto SR 14 from Packerton Road. He said he continued on to the destination on CR 100S and didn’t have any knowledge of any collision. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 12:43 p.m. Monday, June 7, East Main Street and North High Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Rebekah J. Harrison, 17, North Hartzler Street, Warsaw, and Emelyn N. Wilkinson, 45, South SR 15, Warsaw. Harrison was traveling northbound on North High Street and stopped at a stop sign at the intersection of East Main Street, Warsaw. She said she began to turn left onto East Main Street. She said she didn’t see Wilkinson’s vehicle traveling eastbound on East Main Street until her vehicle hit Wilkinson’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 10:53 a.m. Monday, June 7, East Center Street and North Hickory Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Leland L. Rose, 60, Cherokee Road, Fort Wayne, and Martin W. Newcomb, 71, North Koher Road East, Syracuse. Rose was traveling westbound on East Center Street and stopped for a red light behind Newcomb’s vehicle at the intersection of North Hickory Street, Warsaw. He said he believed traffic was moving forward and accelerated. His vehicle hit Newcomb’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 11:57 a.m. Friday, June 4, Country Club Road south of Lakeview Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Abigail Campbell, 18, South Honeybee Court, Warsaw, Zoe A. Wagner, 18, East Armstrong Road, Leesburg, and Jacob A. Linky, 20, North Old Orchard Drive, Warsaw. Linky slammed on his vehicle’s brakes because a truck in front of him stopped all of a sudden. Wagner slammed on her vehicle’s brakes, and Campbell’s vehicle hit her vehicle, which caused Wagner’s vehicle to hit Linky’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 12:07 p.m. Sunday, June 6, CR 15 north of SR 119. Drivers: Samantha Winslow, 44, Nappanee, Keller Dittman, 16, Wakarusa, and Leander Martin, 28, Goshen. Injured: Winslow complained of pain to the left foot and chest; Dittman and Martin both suffered head injuries. Passengers injured in Winslow’s vehicle included Gwen Winslow, 13, Nappanee, complaining of pain to the head and stomach and Taylor Winslow, 18, Nappanee, suffering minor cuts to the face. Passengers injured in Martin’s horse-drawn buggy were Conrad Martin, 5, Goshen, suffering a laceration to the head; Nathaniel Martin, 3, Goshen, suffering facial injuries; and Emma Martin, 26, Goshen, suffering a laceration to the right wrist. Police report Winslow was north on CR 15 passing the Martin horse-drawn buggy. As Winslow was passing she collided head-on with the Dittman vehicle who was southbound and traveling at excessive speeds. After impact, Dittman’s vehicle went of the road and overturned. The collision between the two vehicles caused Winslow’s vehicle to push the horse-drawn buggy off the east side of the road and overturn. The Winslows were transported to Goshen Hospital. Dittman, who was unconscious, was flown to South Bend Memorial Hospital by MedFlight. The Martins were taken to Elkhart General Hospital. Winslow was cited for unsafe passing and child restraint violations. Dittman was cited for excessive speed and seatbelt violation.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:36 p.m. Saturday, June 5, West Olson Road and River Drive, Rochester. Driver: Brayden H. Melton, 21, Fort Wayne. Hit deer.
- 12:14 p.m. Saturday, June 5, CR 500E and CR 50S, Rochester. Driver: Quinton L. Alber, 25, Rochester. Alber swerved to miss a deer and hit a pole.
- 1:52 p.m. Friday, June 4, US 31 and Old US 31, Rochester. Drivers: Cynthia K. Croussore, 71, Rochester, and Melanie A. Deloy, 48, Murfreesboro, Tenn. No further information was available.