By Dan Spalding
WARSAW – A slew of activities are scheduled this weekend in Kosciusko County, which comes in stark contrast to circumstances just one year ago during the pandemic.
With COVID-19 cases plummeting and vaccine rates rising (albeit slowly), there are many events that are shifting back to what some folks might refer to as the newest form of normal.
Here is a list of weekend activities:
- First Friday starts at 5 p.m. Friday in downtown Warsaw and will have a special salute to veterans. At 6:30 p.m., the Lakes Area Community Band will feature patriotic music. The veterans’ recognition program starts at 7:30 p.m.
- The Central Park Concert Series continues at 7 p.m. at the Central Park Plaza Friday. This week’s music features singer/songwriter Matt Gabriel performing folk and blues. The music starts at 7 p.m.
- Music in the Park in North Webster starts at 7 p.m. Friday, featuring Scott & Terry. The park is located at 401 S. Dixie Drive.
- The Mentone Egg Fest moves into high gear Friday and Saturday. Here is a schedule of events.
- Syracuse Artisans & Farmers Market open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday at Crosson Mill Park, 311 N. Huntington St., Syracuse.
- The Kosciusko County Farmers and Artisans Market in downtown Warsaw runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday.
- The Village Art Fair in Winona Lake is set for Saturday and Sunday.
- Four high schools are having graduation ceremonies this weekend: Warsaw Community Schools and Whitko Schools will have ceremonies Friday and Tippecanoe Valley and Wawasee Community Schools will salute their graduates Sunday.