Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:56 a.m. Thursday, June 3, 308 S. Huntington St. north of East Chicago Street, Syracuse. Driver: Dylan M. Haakma, 23, Bermuda Way, Whitsett, N.C. Haakma said he was making a right turn onto South Huntington Street and during the turn, his trailer containing johnboats hit a yellow post that was in front of a fire hydrant. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 7:25 p.m. Thursday, June 3, 1931 Plaza Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Alfredo M. Perez, 33, East CR 200N, Warsaw. Perez said he departed the car wash bay. He turned left and drove west to exit the car wash bay. Once out of the bay, he made another left turn and went south to the parking lot exit. He observed a vehicle parked along the edge of the parking lot and attempted to pass the vehicle. His vehicle hit the other vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:53 p.m. Thursday, June 3, South Buffalo Street north of Fisher Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Allen L. Weimer, 64, West CR 650N, Ligonier, and Barbara J. Bellamy, 73, East Tyner Street, Warsaw. Weimer said he was northbound on South Buffalo Street, Warsaw, when he observed Bellamy’s vehicle stop suddenly. She was traveling northbound on the street when a vehicle slowed and stopped to turn into the gas station. Weimer said he must have been following her vehicle too closely because he didn’t have time to stop and rear-ended Bellamy’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:42 p.m. Thursday, June 3, North SR 15 south of Lyon Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Kyle M. Gilbert, 24, East Fourth Street, Rochester, Jonna A. Stamm, 37, EMS T6A Lane, Leesburg, Pearlie F. Whitaker, 66, West CR 1200S, Silver Lake, Jacob A. French, 19, South Packerton Road, Warsaw, and Elycia R. Clemans, 30, West CR 100S, Warsaw. Gilbert said he was traveling southbound on North SR 15. He said he didn’t realize traffic had slowed down due to construction work being done on the road further south. He said there was also another vehicle accident in the northbound lanes of North SR 15. He struck Stamm’s vehicle in front of him, which caused a chain reaction leading her vehicle to hit Whitaker’s, her vehicle to hit French’s and his vehicle to hit Clemans’. Whitaker said she was feeling some neck pain, but refused treatment. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 10 a.m. Thursday, June 3, 1520 Provident Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Zachary R. Ransbottom, 18, East CR 700S, Claypool. Ransbottom backed up his vehicle in a parking lot to leave. He said he didn’t know how close he was to a parked vehicle until he struck it with his vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:36 p.m. Thursday, June 3, Pierceton Road east of Freedom Lane, Winona Lake. Driver: Lindsay C. Krieg, 25, North Main Street, Sidney. Krieg was traveling westbound on Pierceton Road, Winona Lake, had cat hair under her eyelash and was trying to remove it. She crossed the center line, ran off the roadway and struck a stop sign on the Heritage bicycle and pedestrian trail. The stop sign and information sign attached was destroyed. Damage: Up to $10,000.